LegacyGT.com

Magnaflow cbe and Invidia dp

I have a 3" Magnaflow catback and just purchased a 3" Invidia catless downpipe. Will I need a 2.5" - 3" adapter or will the flanges mate up? I know some 2.5" exhausts have a 3" flange to mate up with 3" downpipes but I'm not sure if the Magnaflow has that feature. Can anyone clarify?

Invidia DP is a flat 3" flange. If you bought a CBE necked down to 2.5" you could use an adapter, but then you have a small choke there... 3" > 2.5" > 3". I had the same problem... also an Invidia DP... the shop that made my midpipe screwed up and necked it to 2.5". I had them chop off that 2.5" flange and weld a short 3" pipe and flat flange in there so it's 3" all the way. Let it breathe!
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I have one also and it meets up pretty well. The Magnaflow was designed for 2.5-3 and bolts up reasonably well. The best was to use the subaru silicon stuff they use when they build engines... it sealed up better than the actual gasket.

Yes, grab some gasket maker silicone at autozone for the connection, they bolt together fine but I noticed the gasket wasn't enough to create a good seal...I was smelling fumes and pulled the gasket out, lotta leak spots. So go generous with the gasket maker...use it in conjunction with the supplied 3" gasket...it works real well.

Archived