LegacyGT.com

Picked up my Legacy GT from Planet Subaru today

Well I finally took care of business and bought my first new car. I traded in the IS300 for a better year round car. Everyone at the dealership was really good, I did most of the purchase process from my trusty laptop. I bought my legacy GT from Corey Warren at Planet Subaru in MA. He was able to hook me up with a sweat deal and took care of everything for me. It was a very pleasurable experience and they never tried to pull any shady fees or random options. I highly reccomend Coery and his Planet Subaru Crew.

Give Corey a yell if your in New England and want a Subie. He's in this forum at the top of the page.

Well The IS was not a great choice for me cause I love to ski and mtn bike. The LGT cant corner like the IS but blows it away in the speed department. Costs a lot of money to make the IS fast, the LGT doesnt need any more power and can fine the suspension with ease.

How your trade in does at auction has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they should absorb the cost to repair your scratches. In fact, I personally would be insulted if they tried that angle with me.

Ultimately, no one can tell you how you should handle this situation except your own conscious and nerve. That said, if you let them treat you like a 'schmo', they most certainly will. Draw the line in the sand, stand firm when they spew nonsense (be polite, but firm) and verbalize that you "expect" that they will remedy the problem regardless of any other unrelated transactions, and that you "expect" that they will do it, and properly and with warrantee, at their expense.

Nice guys they may be, but that doesn't suddenly make you a financial punching bag when things aren't done to proper specs per your request. You already paid to have the work done properly when you paid for the car. Please stick up for yourself in this regard and you will find that 1) you will feel better about yourself, and 2) you will be better respected the next time you come in with a warrantee or not warrantee situation.

That said, I'll let others chime in regarding whether or not the scratches should be spray painted or if another more permanent and warrantee-able fix should be in order.

Jeepskibum, keep in mind that car dealers and salesman and 'trained' professionals at earning your trust and taking your money. Not that all are inhernetly unethical or unscrupulous or uncaring, but, simply, they are well trained and there to make money. Don't confuse niceness with what is 'right'. It's hard to do, that is, it's often easier just not to mess with sticky situations. But, in the end, it's the best thing for you and a growth experience as well. Stick up for yourself if you think you're in the right. You seem to have a good handle on common-sense...in that regard you're on up on the dealership on the issue. Good luck, hope it helps you.

Don't draw a line right away, take it easy, tell em lightly that you know they are screwing you and it doesn't bode well for them. If they are the only dealer reasonbly close by to you, you wouldn't want to totally break off the relationship and then have to put unnecessary miles togo to another dealership, which even then doesn't guarantee that they would treat you right.
I keed I keeed

Yeah I know. They gave me a great price and I told them that the IS had a header and race pipe in it. The used salesman is pissy about the race pipe cause the stock cats are in the trunk. I think they are disapointed with the trade but thats not really my probem. I will talk to them again.

would be a good word for their intransigence regarding messing up your car. They have devalued your brand new automobile.

I'd also ask about the mileage they put on. Someone in service joyriding it? Maybe the breakin is already done? (groan) Your warranty period is that much shorter.

Insist on complete repair: they owe it to you, and, it might help the next poor schmuck who comes along that they try to give the geeze to. They need to correct whatever went wrong in their dealership, pronto.

I would invoke using the words 'legal counsel' if they refuse proper repair. They took your money, right? Really, you need to speak with the dealerships owner. He's the guy who really knows the cash flow, and I'll bet he doesn't want a lawsuit, or a bad rep.

If Subaru is truly trying to move upmarket, they better get some basics down first. Like not treating the paying customers like sh!t.

This is a dealership I would avoid.

First of all congrats:) After the dealership repairs the scratches head elsewhere! I drive out of my way to avoid dealing with one particular dealer in my area:( Same dealersip would service my s4, they would make me feel like they were doing me a favor to service my vehicle) Ask for the GM!
Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I'm not one for making things public but I can explain. Mike (jeapskibum) is a friend of another Mike who I work with here. I didn't know of the test pipe and cat, if I did then I would have asked you to put the cat back in it pretty simple especially since I asked if you thought it was a car I could sell retail so I could try to put more money on it for you doesn't help if I have to put exhaust back on it. Basically when I had to go get the extra money from other wholesalers and my used car manager on it I had to tell them everything trying to get the most and with that exhaust issue it came back to hit me personally. To say the least for what the deal was money wise there was nothing left which you know. The trunk wasn't scratched when they debadged part of the clear coat slightly bubbled up from the heat gun and they couldn't fix it, looks like touch up but it's not. Agreed that shouldn't have happened as I've never seen that ever occur debadging a trunk in my whole life I had every intention on fixing that and still do other then the fact over the whole test pipe and getting stuck on a car for too much money. The professional thing would have been probably to keep the issue private especially since Mike works here too and asked me to do this as a favor. I have no problems though cause everyone who knows me here knows I hide nothing.

2017 F150 Platinum EB

2009 SWP Spec B

If the dealer offered to do it, I would say they're responsible.If you asked them to do it, that's outside of the dealer's requirement for new car delivery so I don't think it's their problem.

That being said, why the hell were they using a heat gun? The badges come off really easily using dental floss and on new paint, the sticky tape comes off with the edge of your thumbnail. It took me all of 5 minutes to get mine off with no damage.

I still think they did an excellent job with the car sale and I am just bummed about the scratch. I hope they do fix it and I do not want to force them too. I am very happy with the whole experience minus that one thing. Not too much I can do about it but wait and see what they can do.

This was the add I showed. I thought I was 100% honest and like to think I am.

http://is300.net/forums/showthread.php?t=252803

• 1 month later...

I dropped my car off at Planet Subaru on wed AM to fix the scratch that was on my car. They let me set the date for the paint work to get done. They had the car done at 10 AM and the trunk is perfect. I am VERY Satisified with the work and although we had that minor glitch at first I would reccomend them to anyone looking for the best deal on a Subaru!! Talk to Corey who works there there because he will give you the best price on a car.

Excellent Overall Experience!!!!!

Archived