LegacyGT.com

'09 3.0R Larger Injectors, and remap?

Looking to get a little more umph outta my '09 3.0r. Noticed there was a little talk around here about increasing the size of the injectors to maybe WRX injectors. Would i be seeing any HP increases to doing this? What year wrx injectors would i need and would any other mods need to be done or would it be a straight shot?

Also saw a post or too (vaguely) about romraider having a tune for the 3.0. I have a dynotune place near by, is this something they could do? I normally just run pump 85 gas here in NH, occasionally 93. If i could get a few extra ponnies out of a tune and larger injectors id be pretty happy. Anyone here remap their 3.0 with success? All i got now is a drop in K&N and perrin axle back cans.

The EZ30R has injectors near or the same size as the EJ255. if you increase the injector size and up the FP you could get a tune for it for say 91 oct and are you sure youre running 85 or 87 ? 85 is ethanol 87 is the low test gas.

There have been a few Tribeca's tuned using a tactrix cable and opensource and the results have been pretty good.

The EZ30R has injectors near or the same size as the EJ255. if you increase the injector size and up the FP you could get a tune for it for say 91 oct and are you sure youre running 85 or 87 ? 85 is ethanol 87 is the low test gas.

There have been a few Tribeca's tuned using a tactrix cable and opensource and the results have been pretty good.

I am using 87 sorry typo. Ur saying up the fp? That fuel pump?

How would i go about tuning it when up up the injector size?

Unless you do something to the engine that would make it need the extra fueling, then putting in larger injectors won't do squat.

The stock injectors have plenty of headroom for a tune on gasoline. I don't know if they are large enough for E85.

Honestly, with the 3.0 or 3.6, there is no point in chasing power. Anything reasonable you do will max out around a 10-15hp gain. Anything else would make the car unreliable.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Why do you want to modify a car you don't put the correct fuel grade in?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Why do you want to modify a car you don't put the correct fuel grade in?

Because when I bought the car I was Told there is no "correct" fuel grade. Told that a lot of ppl think subarus need 93 but the dealer told me it doesn't matter and that 87 is fine for it.

Because when I bought the car I was Told there is no "correct" fuel grade. Told that a lot of ppl think subarus need 93 but the dealer told me it doesn't matter and that 87 is fine for it.

And you never paid attention to the label under the gas cap? Or the owners manual? Or maybe the fact that sales people will promise you a cure for cancer to sell a car?

Your car needs a minimum of 91, with 93 recommended. Perhaps part of your "low power" problem is from using fuel that will cause a decrease in power.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

thats cause its a deisel, which has no spark plugs or throttle plate. power is controlled buy how much fuel you inject.

gas engines dont work that way. you need to increase the amount of air going in to the engine and then add the appropriate amount of fuel to make more power in a gas engine. if you just add fuel you will run too rich and lose power. and running 87 in a car that requires you to run 91+ will cause the ECU to retard timing and you will lose power. run 93 octane in the 3.0r engine.

Archived