LegacyGT.com

What to do with wheels - What are your thoughts?

POMEXCAN

Which wheels do you like best?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which wheels do you like best?

• Leave the wheels alone
    • Black with polished lip
    • Bronze with polished lip

Id stick with the Hyperblack,..I was trying to get that color rim, but could only get the silvers for the shipped price to Hawaii,..

To me, an all black rim/car has no contrast to it and you dont really get to "see" the difference between the "looks" of the car, and the see the "style" of the rim,..You would just see the color "black" from top to bottom,..

Thats my opinion, I got a black car and am waiting for my tires to come in today to mount and put on my car too,...

I actually priced CE28's in TiSilver - the best price I found was 2375.00 shipped (90+ day wait as well). Got these for one third the price and in a week. These actually weigh less than the volks. If I would have known what I know now about the ride on 19's - I probably would have waited for the volks or ordered SSR's.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

Interesting - please explain further. If you’re talking about the colors themselves I have seen a few color pallets that could get me close. If you’re talking about keeping the polished lip – I’ve been told it could be possible depending on the make up of the wheel. If this information is incorrect please share some of your expertise.

Thanks

err, in this case they do.

Not by much - less than a pound difference. I would agree that in 18's they do not compare (the volks I used for comparison were 19x8 +48 while these are 19x7.5's, so to be fair I'm not talking apples to apples). My statement on the weight of the volks is based on information received from sources I trust have accurate information. I'm not saying these knock-offs are better or even near the same as volks in material or finish – in most cases you get what you pay for.

Thanks.

ah, ok (I'd be curious to see confirmation tho). in 18x7.5, the volks weigh in just under 17 lbs, iirc, whereas these knockoffs are about 20 lbs each. with the extra 1/2" of width, different ballgame. anyways, these rims combine great value for money with reasonable weight.
getting out of the legacy game :cool:

Archived