LegacyGT.com

ECU tune

Tehnation

Hell no, I'm getting the stage 2 rom from Infamous, its only 150 bucks... thats a no brainer lol. 150 bucks and I can use it as much as I want. Then I can open it up compare it to a generic base one and start the learning from there.

yup. It's quite the long process to connect theory to actual data, there are SO many maps and variables. What you can do if you're bored at work is download romraider at work and download a base map, open it up with romraider ecu editor and take a looksee. :lol:

• Mega Users
Hell no, I'm getting the stage 2 rom from Infamous, its only 150 bucks... thats a no brainer lol. 150 bucks and I can use it as much as I want. Then I can open it up compare it to a generic base one and start the learning from there.

Maybe I missed the part where you said what year your car is? The vag-com only works for the 05-06 models that are not can-bus. I just want to make sure you're getting the right cable. If you have an 07+, you will need the overpriced tactrix cable.

That is a good plan, I got the tactrix since I had an 07 and Infamous tune. Little over $300 which is a lot cheaper than AP + custom tune. You have the benefit of being able to get away with the cheap ass cable which will save another $100+. An added benefit for you is is you don't just get 1 tune for $150, you get a base plus 6 revisions, so you can see what was changed from each tune to the next.

Yea , I have an 05. I love cheap! See if I didnt have to buy a catted downpipe, exhaust manifold, intake, fmic, cbe just to start , I wouldnt mind paying for the accessport, but with big projects you gotta cut costs where you can. And this is definantely one of those areas. If i blow the motor at least I can stroke it and get some serious big boy mods going. I already see this project getting out of hand. This is a fun car to mod it looks like, soooo many bolt ons. Much easier than my old supra.

But those are the first mods i'm going to do, along with the tune.

Yea , I have an 05. I love cheap! See if I didnt have to buy a catted downpipe, exhaust manifold, intake, fmic, cbe just to start , I wouldnt mind paying for the accessport, but with big projects you gotta cut costs where you can. And this is definantely one of those areas. If i blow the motor at least I can stroke it and get some serious big boy mods going. I already see this project getting out of hand. This is a fun car to mod it looks like, soooo many bolt ons. Much easier than my old supra.

But those are the first mods i'm going to do, along with the tune.

But you only need a downpipe to install a stage 2 map.

http://waterengnet.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/scratch-head02-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000415-large.gif

Why be a minimalist! Those are mods that I need! BOLT ON POWER FTW! I just feel the ecu tune would be better with full aftermarket intake and exhaust. I may not get a cbe. Gotta let my baby breath! hmmm i gotta look into a bigger turbo as well. but headers, up/down pipes, intake, bigger turbo, turbo timer, boost controller, sway bars, maybe some polyurethane bushings, maybe a cbe, fmic, cross drilled/sloted rotors, steel brake lines, stage 2 tune and I'm done. Thats my gameplan thus far.

Have you seen this carputer in the cubby? This is like the most amazing thing Ive seen. You install a carputer and you can have engine managment on a touchscreen in center console. I'm soooo sold.

I'm trying to learn how to get the monitor in cubby. With Centrafuse sofware it makes windows more like a real car navi screen. with icons and what not to give it that car software feel. you can connect GPS, radar detection, engine management, your Audio/video and whatever. SO MUCH TO DOOOOOOO.

Its not that expensive of a project, the monitor is the most expensive, like 400 bucks, and you can use older computer parts, which I have tons of laying around. a project like that would run me about 600 bucks. I think its worthwhile.

Archived