LegacyGT.com

18inch tire shaking

ok so i bought new konig deceptions they r 18x8 40offset went to townfair tire they were shaking on highway i went back they rebalanced them they still did it i went back they put new tires on and they still shake anyone had same issue? they say it may be the offset of the konigs and they want me to choose a new wheel..... has anyone had this issue?

Welcome to LegacyGT.com.

At what speed do they shake?

Under acceleration, or slowing down?

Straight line, turning, or both?

Do the wheels require hub-centric rings?

Not sure how the offset would cause them to shake...pretty sure that would only affect how they fit in the wheel wells.

did you install the wheels correctly? meaning it's centered on the hub?

you don't NEED hub centric rings if you have conical seat lug nuts, just wiggle the wheels as you tighten the lug nuts

or you can just get the hub centric rings, and slap it on

should help

no its a big wheel/tire chain out here that has done it all so far... the manager even came out put brand new hankook tires on and went for a ride with me to see if they will shake and sure enough they did

Make sure the hub bore of the wheels is the same for your car. You may need hubcentric rings. They're cheap plastic rings that fit in the hub of the wheel to make them the exact size of your vehicle's hub.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but all Subaru's are 56.1 hub bore diameter. So, if the wheels have a hub bore of 73, you need a hub centric ring to reduce it from 73-56.1.

Doing a quick Google search for you, the first link I found shows that your wheels have a hub bore of 73.

http://18rims.com/search.php?model=Deception&color=Black

For the record, the offset will not make your car wobble/vibrate. Many Subaru guys are running offsets as low as +22, +15 and even +10. You may want to find a different wheel shop.

Have you put the old wheels and tires back on and verify that it's not the car ?

I'm thinking the problem is with the wheels, if they have put another set of tires on these rims as you said "the manager even came out put brand new hankook tires on and went for a ride with me to see if they will shake and sure enough they did "

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'd get them balanced at a small performance shop. I had a big chain store mount and balance some wheels and even after going back to them they still were shaking. Took them to a performance shop and they got them balanced correctly.

I'd be checking the rims for run out. Just because they're new doesn't mean they are round and true. What I mean is, when the hub spins the tire bead isn't square with hub.

You don't say if the vibration was in the steering wheel or seat of you pants or both.

Chances are it's only 1 rim that is causing the problem. If it moved from front to rear (or vice versa) when the tires were redone, that's what you're dealing with.

so everyone keeps telling me the offset is the problem they stick out to far from the fender.. and yeah the stock wheels i put back on and they r fine so for now im just goin to get my money back

yeah possibly but when i went for my wheels i actually bought the xxr 522's but they said it would be a cpl months over the 2 months i had already waited lol soooo im just goin to take my money run and go somewhere else

Are you telling us, they sold you rims with the wrong offset ? Or is that something you asked for ?

Sorry, I'm not a fan of Town Fair Tire.

Where in MA are you ?

I know a great shop in Somers CT if your in the Springfield area.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

18x8 +40 stick out too far past the fender? That doesn't make sense. What size tire are you running? Is it some stupid stretched tire? It seems like you don't know much about what you bought or what exactly you want. I suggest you get your money back and do more homework. Next time you order wheels/tires... make sure you know what you want instead of "make them come out a lil from the fender". Those shops have no idea what that means or what specs to go with since they specialize in "proper" fitment. So again, do your homework here, look at pics of what others have done, see what you like best, and go with that.

Oh and for the love of everything holy try to use punctuation so we know when your sentences begin and end. You're not a 13 year old girl texting her bff. :lol:

funny thing is i kno what i want and kno what im looking for i wanted something with 40 offest just because i dont kno how far other offsets will come out doesnt mean i dont kno what i want... they offered me other wheels with 38 offset but nuttin that i liked so i did get my money back

Archived