LegacyGT.com

• I Donated
the idler pulley for the timing? Have you ever done a timing belt before? If you're asking for internet instructions for Subaru timing, maybe you shouldn't mess with it.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

the idler pulley for the timing? Have you ever done a timing belt before? If you're asking for internet instructions for Subaru timing, maybe you shouldn't mess with it.

Everyone has to learn. Period.

Now that ive given it a go, i realized i need a breaker bar... those bolts are definitely tight and it would be beneficial if i could figure out how to take out the drivers side radiator fan to have a bit more room to work

if the 95 are like the 97 they are in a cage that have to be removed as a unit.

Make sure you line up the timing marks on crank and heads before you remove the belt. It will make life a lot easier when installing the new one.

As long as you're not using a ratchet, a pipe over whatever you have will give the leverage you need. If you have to buy a breaker bar, get a 1/2 in. It'll give you more long term use. Even then I use a pipe over the handle. Less work.

A torque wrench set to the highest setting would work too.

For future ref.

http://www.main.experiencetherave.com/subaru_manual_scans/

O.

• I Donated
Tip:

Never cook bacon in the nude.

grease splatters on the balls has to be painful

edit - to keep this fair to women - grease splatters on the nipples must be painful!

are there actually any women on this site? lol

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived