LegacyGT.com

Anyone have a small hydraulic jack?

I have one of those big ones with wheels, but I'd like one that is the "can-kind" that you just sit on the ground and then pump. All the ones I have seen are too tall to fit under the car.

Anyone know of one that fits under our cars (stock ride height)?

A normal hydraulic jack should fit. and if you're car is lowered you have to spend $$$ for a slim jack unless you want to be like me and jack up one side of the car with the scissor jack then put the hydraulic jack under lol

I guess what I mean is I have this kind of jack (the big one in the case), and i'd like a smaller one like in the second picture. But i'm wondering if anybody has one that fits under our cars. Most seem to be too tall.

floorjack.png.c128c6b29cf39ea4e31b348b29cab3dc.png

bottlejack.png.16e76ce00755523fa96ba8a80fae6d56.png

Those are called bottle jacks. Harbor fright has a nice small one that will lift 6 tons. I think it's like $19.00 or less. I bought one for the Chevy 3500 Dually. I also got 4 of the 6 ton jack stands. I can get the car up pretty high.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I always lay some 2x8 pieces of wood down, drive up onto those, and then jack the car up. The extra couple of inches makes it so much easier. Harbor freight has some cheap bottle jacks like max capacity said. Be careful lifting with them as the small footprint makes them less stable.

Good point, also the small round top may be kind of small to line up on the lifting point.

There are some good floor jacks out there. I just got another one from Harbor Fright for $89.00 on close out. The US General blue and silver one. Works nice, rolls easy. The all silver one I got Apr 2010 works well too but it makes a lot of noise.

I have also had to drive cars up on 2X8's so I could get the jack under it. I made ramps like that with a couple of 2x8 in steps to get the race car into the trailer, the chassis was that low.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived