LegacyGT.com

Blown Turbo......or not?

Its the fact that the bearing material that was in the turbo is now being pumped around the engine and it will KILL your main bearings. This means if you hear the turbo bouncing around- can you guess where that bearing material is? And while you think about it- its being pumped into your bearings and the metal shavings are shaving your main bearings.

Finally got word back. Def some small shards in the oil. So now the series of removal of parts begins. Flush engine and replace turbo, etc. The tech fears the block could be cracked. I doubt I will do a complete overhaul. I almost traded this car in for a brand new F-150 few months ago before any problems started. I wish I would have now! Don't want to buy a new turbo if I might trade it in. Any recommended places to look? This process is going too slow for comfort, but I'm barely getting charged anything. Above all, I'll still have an electrical problem when it's all said and done. Grr...

You're toast. I had the same issue. Now I have a serious hole in my wallet and a soon to be supa fast leggy wagon on my hands- Somehow I'm still smiling-

Something about the wagon being fast as crap... :D I love the thing even though it's a big PITA.

• 1 month later...
Sorry guys, got side tracked with life. Changed turbo and flushed out the oil\debris. Ended up trading the car in for a truck. Def have more use for it. Got the old core still if anyone wants to buy it.

This is a total asshat move.......you are leaving the next buyer with a broken car in a month.......or a week.....or a few days. Just pathetic. Take this how you want and be offended but everyone in here gave you the warnings based on prior experiences.....and all you did was dump your problem on somebody else.
[

This is a total asshat move.......you are leaving the next buyer with a broken car in a month.......or a week.....or a few days. Just pathetic. Take this how you want and be offended but everyone in here gave you the warnings based on prior experiences.....and all you did was dump your problem on somebody else.

As someone on the other side of this I gotta agree with IDRV. The dealer you traded it to is just going to bandage it up to get it off the lot. Then a couple days, weeks or a month down the road the new owner is gonna be PISSED!

.... Then a couple days, weeks or a month down the road the new owner is gonna be PISSED!

...And then show up here as a new member so he/she can bitch and moan that Subaru Legacy's are piles of crap!

http://shejustnotthatintoyou.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/man-crying.jpg?w=203&h=300

• I Donated

I can't be sure if this was the real cause, but mime took about 3 months to break -- long enough to be outside the dealer's warranty.

Archived