LegacyGT.com

Favorite whiskey

COmtnBiker

have to say im fond of the Jameson 18 year old, always pick up a bottle when i travel as its about 200 dollars a bottle in Ireland. The 12 year old distillery reserve isn't half bad but only available in from the distillery in Ireland. More affordable option

• Mega Users
I am a fan of Ryes myself although not too many people produce it. I am an avid fan and follower of small craft distilleries. One of my all time favorites is Catoctin Creek Distillery's Roundstone Rye Whiskey. It can be had for $40 for a 750 in VA. I'm not sure where else it is sold but its definitely worth looking into.

For anybody familiar with McMenamins (PNW area) they have a whiskey they make called Monkey Puzzle. Little different than most but it is actually pretty good.

Now that I think about it I might go pick a bottle of that up on the way home from work tonight :lol:

Templeton Rye - seriously check that stuff out, shortages last year put the price up to around $100 a bottle, but I think it's back down in the 35-45$ range again

Just what I would need to make a sazerac.

more of a bourbon guy so i prefer most of the top shelf types from Jim Beam: Knob Creek, Bakers, and Basil Haydens are all very good.

but once i moved to CO i fell in love with a small distillery over here on the western slope in Palisade called Peach Street Distillery. there bourbon is amazing. also Stranahans in Denver is one of the smoothest whiskeys i have had in a LONG time. can't wait to do a tour when i get moved over to lakewood this month

My two favorites as well subabro!

My son did the volunteer bottling/labeling thing @ Stranahan's and had blast. Personal tour, food and 750ml of the smoooooth stuff for helping. Obviously there is waiting list, but I want to sign up for this deal.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived