LegacyGT.com

my brother got a '00 s4 tiptronic

Other cars & Other cars vs. the Legacy

Please look it up there. There have been plenty of comparisons to the S4

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14

nothing related to the s4 came up w your link - just stuff about an infiniti m45, jeepsrt8, mitsu, & mazdaspeed6

when i did a search the only thing i found was a post about a guy w an s4 thinking of going to a g35 or lgt

Forgot to add - a B5 S4 tiptronic will not run keep up with a 5MT LGT, well, save for an 80-120 roll-on race. But there are various aftermarket ecu's that will up the power significantly....search the aforementioned websites.

also, forgot to add www.s4biturbo.com

is this bc of a possible weight difference (the lgt being lighter) or him having an auto or combo of both?

s4 and lgt are similar in acceleration times. difference is more likely to be in the driver and tranny type. s4s are a little heavier and have different gearing (6MT).
getting out of the legacy game :cool:

search the other cars forum for audi s4 and you get 5 pages of links, some of which are comparisons. wish my wife had come packing an s4!

me 2 - i told my wife she owes me big considering we got married 6 yrs ago :D .

is this bc of a possible weight difference (the lgt being lighter) or him having an auto or combo of both?

Combo of both. I've driven both a tiptronic and 6MT S4, and the former was really disappointing.

With a chip though the B5 S4 gains a lot of power. APR makes a conservative chip, GIAC makes the most aggressive I believe (they clain 60hp and 110 lb. ft. of torque, and dyno's have shown this to be a close estimate).

Here's what he'll want to replace ASAP if it hasn't been done already:

Throttle Body Boot

F-Hose

Diverter Valve - all aren't that expensive at all, but really help to ensure reliability and durability.

i have a 01 s4 6sp, never ran it stock at the track. ran a 13.3 at 101mph, with a 60 foot 1.8, with a giac chip and rs4 clutch on pump gas (93 oct). twin brother has a 05 lgt and i smoke him :) he is a good driver, he ran the 13.3 in my car.

she did buy the extended warranty - so i got a chance to drive late yesterday :D . That is one fast automatic:eek: ! not sure how mine will stack up but i know the s4 definately handles & brakes better :( - compared to mine which is stock. i can't believe how much hesitation/lag there is in the gear changes though (this would have turned me off if i was buying one). bye the end of the weekend i will have run my car next to his:D

Just came from a 03 S4 tiptronic w/Apr chip. The s4 was a better handling car but the service costs were :(! ** s4 twin, too bad you are not in the Tampa area I would like to test that 13.3!!!!
Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

My S4 would have smoked my L GT, especially coming out of a corning in 2nd gear.

more gears to choose from, at not hesitation/lag that we are prone to in 2nd.

However, my S4 was stage too. My Legacy is bone stock(Work in progress). Access port on order.

Matt

Archived