LegacyGT.com

Emergency Tune

YourConfused

Learning view is easy, if it lists a com then click connect(romraider cant be connected at the same time). Once it pops up click screenshot and post it up!

Just got back home, haven't had time to search on learning view yet, but I was getting an error code. I was able to connect but learning view didn't recognize my ecu. I don't know of any tables or definitions to import for learning view, but I will keep looking.

Learning view will not be of any use if you have not driven on the new map.

All this has me wanting to get a dog so I have something to kick, my gf complains too much when I kick her. :rolleyes::lol:

Thanks for the input btw.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys for the help. I got running on a tune from infamous. Did some runs for him and the process began. I averaged 25mph highway on the trip of over 3K miles and only used I-mode (being a 5eat) for the trip just to keep it safe. The reduced power level of that mode felt about the same as stock sport mode. Kinda cool. Gave me hope about future power increases.

TPMS warning light due to the tune is not a good thing. I need to fix this cause I had two flats on the trip and had to go on feel as the TPMS light is always on since the tune.

"Stay stock. Stay happy." not a joke.

Thanks guys for the help. I got running on a tune from infamous. Did some runs for him and the process began. I averaged 25mph highway on the trip of over 3K miles and only used I-mode (being a 5eat) for the trip just to keep it safe. The reduced power level of that mode felt about the same as stock sport mode. Kinda cool. Gave me hope about future power increases.

TPMS warning light due to the tune is not a good thing. I need to fix this cause I had two flats on the trip and had to go on feel as the TPMS light is always on since the tune.

"Stay stock. Stay happy." not a joke.

The TPMS system is not related to the ECU. It uses the ABS module/Traction control to operate. This has no relation to the tune, look elsewhere. If it went throught the ECU, everyone on here running aftermarket wheels would be able to disable it- not the case. There is no current way to disable the light besides using black tape on your dashboard.

response from tuner is: Unfortunately the sensor will remain on it has to do with your original rom not being defined.

TPMS

Before tune = not on; after tune = on.

Simple before and after.

Easy fix? Please throw me a bone!

Thanks!!!

The TPMS system is not related to the ECU. It uses the ABS module/Traction control to operate. This has no relation to the tune, look elsewhere. If it went throught the ECU, everyone on here running aftermarket wheels would be able to disable it- not the case. There is no current way to disable the light besides using black tape on your dashboard.

Yeah, gotta be missing something simple, but that is how it has gone thus far.

response from tuner is: Unfortunately the sensor will remain on it has to do with your original rom not being defined.

TPMS

Before tune = not on; after tune = on.

Simple before and after.

Easy fix? Please throw me a bone!

Thanks!!!

Two thoughts...

Flash your original ROM, and see if the TPMS light goes off.

Have you checked all of your tire pressures?

Tire pressures were within 1 psi on 2 gauges. I was confused, but it was literally a before and after the flash thing. I typically notice when there is more than a 2-4 psi difference based on how the car tracks. (sidewalls are not that stiff)

Shamar has confirmed he has seen this: (from his email)... "It is rare and quite frankly only the second time I have heard of such thing."

So far I am pleased with his service and hope to do more business with him (Infamous Tuning) in the future.

In the future I will try to re-load the base rom and go from there. I was thinking that going and re-setting the TPMS with the current tune would possibly work. Maybe I just need to initialize the sensors?

Until then I will just check the tires before I drive and count my blessings.

Thanks for the input from everyone!!!

Archived