LegacyGT.com

Brake Upgrade ?

I am in need of new brakes for my bk gt wagon and was wondering which brake setup would be better. Would swapping out the front brakes for wrx brakes upfront and leave the stock brakes in back or am i better off getting replacement legacy crossed drilled & slotted rotors with hawk pads for the front & rear?

• I Donated

drilled and slotted rotors will not give you any sort of upgrade on stock brakes. Drilled and slotted rotors help combat brake fade, and on stock brakes and stock power, brake fade isn't really an issue. You would be waisting money.

If you want better brakes, do WRX brakes in the front and H6 brakes in the rear

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• 4 weeks later...
finally got around to installing my front wrx calipers today and realized the only difference between my stock caliper and the wrx is the bracket. My question is i thought the caliper itself was suppose to be bigger and not just the bracket? Also i looked up and found out that 02 wrx and 04 wrx have different calipers, would the 04 caliper be larger?

? upgrade? out cars are stock 2 pot floating calipers. you mean 2 pot fixed?

we told you you needed bracket and caliper.

you dont need a caliper all you need is the bracket... I noticed that the lgt and 02 wrx have the same part # for the caliper, but the 04 wrx is a completely different part # what is the difference with the 04 caliper?

Archived