LegacyGT.com

Got nailed today by woman on cell ..

dam sux... women and teens should be banned for using cell phones while driving period with or with out head set.

Guys too. Headset or no talking. I use a headset everytime I'm on the phone in the car. If I don't have it or it's not charged, it goes to voicemail. 99% of the time it's not that important.

Too many idiots on the road ******* shit up for those of us who actually pay attention and drive like respectable adults. Really pisses me off when I have my 3 month old in the car with me too.

Off to collision shop .. her insurance company (Travelers) estimate $3,400 .. they did say any other issues found would be covered .. pretty cool .. easy to deal with, very supportive.

2011-06-02_20-18-54_391a.thumb.jpg.985e52640965928d42f65053d07837ba.jpg

Got an Altima as a rental ... its gonna be a long 10 days ... thanks for all the support Dudes !!!

It's going to be a long 10 days for that Altima - you'd better drive the doors off that $h!t. Any track days going on in your area? Just a suggestion.

Or more accurately, its the pace of the conversation.

Lets face it - we can all talk to our girlfriend in the passenger seat because she shuts-the-f**k-up when we take a sudden left at .9g or swerve to advoid something oncoming.

Its highly unlikely that she would extend us the same curteousy while bitching us out on the phone while trying to swerve to advoid an accidident.

I can envision a senario where I am upside down and the girlfriend and/or wife is on the speakerphone, oblivious and still talking :lol:

+1

Hahaha, well. my girl takes my driving in stride. she wont stop talking for anything hahahaha. maybe an "Oh that was a moose" reaction, kindof like "ooo shiny" but thats about it.

I'm glad you're alright, OP! I get so irked when I see people on cell phones. One woman cut me off going up the parkway, then a ways up she moved into the left turn lane, but we both had red lights. I started yelling at her from my car, then my light turned green, but her arrow was still red. Take a guess what happened -- she took off right through her red light.

dam sux... women and teens should be banned for using cell phones while driving period with or with out head set.

When I was working on a distracted driver story a few months back I started researching cell phone laws in other states. Some states actually have a law like this (for people under 18). Obviously including women and not men would be quite sexist and just plain stupid. Why do you think men are automatically better drivers? I've had plenty of close calls with men as well as with women.

I know everyone loves to crap on women drivers, but what if we have female members coming in here to read this thread? It appears as if women do more stupid little things -- yes. It also appears as if women have more problems in very tight situations requiring depth perception (but that's biological as men's brain are actually better with perceiving depth and distance than women's brains), but when you look at statistics, men still get into more accidents and have am much, much higher rate of speeding. Men are typically the reckless drivers more than women are.

Dont you dare complain about that Altima...........

Yeah thats an 07 Caravan that the shop handed me for a rental, manual everything. I did not have rental coverage.....for some stupid reason. So this is free.....so in a way I am lucky. I bought a lot of groceries today and had a Dad with kids in his van wave at me. Sort of a brotherhood or something....

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7416/img20110601140142.jpg

[

Yeah thats an 07 Caravan that the shop handed me for a rental, manual everything. I did not have rental coverage.....for some stupid reason. So this is free.....so in a way I am lucky. I bought a lot of groceries today and had a Dad with kids in his van wave at me. Sort of a brotherhood or something....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

At first I thought this was a happy thread, although I did think the situation strange. My wife talks on the landline while we're having sex.

Is this what we younger guys have to look forward to when we get older? Minivan camaraderie and jaded sex? :hide:

:lol:

I bought a lot of groceries today and had a Dad with kids in his van wave at me. Sort of a brotherhood or something....

That wasn't a dad, and those weren't his kids!:eek:

Small problem that headsets don't make anything safer. They just make people feel safer.

Shut up and drive.

To be honest i recently started using my bluetooth headset now that i have to drive in boston traffic daily. (for work and home from work) I pay much better attention and have better control over the vehicle/reaction time while not holding a cellphone. Maybe its a case by case situation as some people are complete F* heads.

Archived