LegacyGT.com

Ill.5, Ill.6

+1 again. I just got mine on Friday and it did the ILL.5 several times on the highway during the evening drive home. My knee was no where NEAR the dial but I did what melayout said and I've had no probs since.
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If everybody would stop getting soapy water in their hood scoops, they wouldn't be getting the Inappropriate Liquid Light in the first place. Once the number gets to ILL.7 the engine explodes. I thought everybody knew that.

i've got the ILL6 ghost also.

kinda one of those things.....I ask myself, do you really want to go to the dealership and risk trading in your lgt if for an STI......hmmmmm. Better stay away from Subaru right now.

Very tempted.

So I have to chime in and say this happened to me for the first time two weeks ago, and then happened again this past week. Will have to report to the dealer too so they can tell me *thats the way the car works, its a feature.*

I have had the same issue. Just after starting and just driving around. I wonder how many times this happens when we don't notice it? I think the reason I notice it so much when the car first starts is those wonderful gauge sweeps :) I was just bored this morning looking through the treads. It really doesn't bother me at all. Maybe its supposed to alert you of the ILL setting every 6 hours! Its a FANCY FEATURE HAHAH

Dave

Dave

• 5 months later...

I never adjust my illumination and I see that code on a daily basis.

It doesn't annoy me but it is odd.

Megan header,Perrin TMIC, TD06-20G,AEM CAI, Lachute DP, Avo BOV, BC Coilovers, Magnaflow catback, Hawk HPS pads, Stoptech lines, Snow WI

• 1 month later...

So, did anybody have a dealer fix the problem? I've seen this problem in my car at least five times now, but it always went back to normal after a few seconds - I'd like it fixed though, if there is indeed an official Subaru fix.

Patrick

• 8 months later...

+ eleventy!

Definitely not hitting the switch with my knee. Driving along and watching it go from "ill.2" to "ill.3" back to "ill.2" over and over. This is in addition to my CD player ghost (turns on whenever it feels like it.. and NO.. I'm not hitting that button with my knee either :p )

On the bright side, I also got *yelled* at for posting a question about ILL, even though search for "ILL" and "ILL." returns no results.

This line is to help the next victim when searching for this :D

ill.1 ill.2 ill.3 ill.4

Archived