LegacyGT.com

Help! Where to place jackstands 05GT-sedan?

Wanna do tire rotation.

When doing the O/C a month ago (using ramps), could not clearly see any locations to place stands under, much less use a floor jack. :confused:

Your knowledge much appreciated !!

I've used suspension hardpoints up front to lift the car - it's been awhile, so I can't remember which I used.

For the rear, I've used the lower arm pivot mount and the diff carrier - I didn't trust using the diff case itself.

I've also never trusted using the body side jack points - it looks like it will be too easy to damage something there. I probably need to get over that phobia since that's what the things are there for.

The thing I did was get a heave duty floor jack and jack up one side also used a peice of wood to desperce the weight and jacked up the whole side like in NASCAR.

I also do use the rear to jack on just be carefull and not hurt the rear housing.

I have STi springs so my car is to low for my jack to fit under so I have two pieces of 2x6's that I drive up on so my jack fits under the front of the car. After you drive up on them you have plenty of room for the jack. Up front I use the jack point behind the plastic shroud and put jack stands on the sides behind the front wheels. In the back I use the rear diff then place two jack stands on each side in front of the rear wheels. I always give the car a little push to make sure everything is stable before I work on the car or get under the car. :lol:

I have STi springs so my car is to low for my jack to fit under so I have two pieces of 2x6's that I drive up on so my jack fits under the front of the car.

Thanks! STi springs here and also can't get my jack under anymore. 2x6's...great idea.

Tom

• 1 year later...

thanks PGT. looks like that will work with the jack, but not my jack stands. is there a better place to put the jack stands in the front? i've used them in the factory jack points in back, but i think they're going to bend the metal up front. here's what they look like:

http://s7.sears.com/is/image/Sears/00950150000

I know I've seen the small blocks somewhere....maybe Summit Racing?

the issue with those stands is the deep saddle - I have eight stands...two tall ones like that, four short ones with shallow saddles and two Craftsman ones with deep saddles. why not just buy some proper stands that work? I have four cheap Cateye ones from Target - like $30 for all four and they have a good match to the LGT's pinch welds.

Archived