LegacyGT.com

glowing up pipe

as much as i would love to do that i don't have the money right now more an up pipe and installation. my local subaru specilist shop quoted me 574 plus tax for a complete perrin up pipe install. i just don't have that money right now

i would highly recommened his advice. I would drive around paranoid as hell with that ticking time bomb sitting right under my turbo. not until did I do this, the killer b pickup and pL turbo oil line did I feel comfortable in my car

btw 574!?!?!?! holy crap just do it yourself. It's all just nuts and bolts...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If a customer brings me a car for a diagnosis, and I can't figure it out, they don't owe me more than an hours worth of labor no matter how much time I spent on it, if I even charge them at all.

I don't charge my customers a dime if we can't find anything wrong with a car... even if we spent days. but then again we're the smaller, "more caring" nissan dealership in the area so yeah...

I can't imagine being a service advisor at a place that charges a diag fee for no diagnosis

I can't imagine being a service advisor at a place that charges a diag fee for no diagnosis

Makes sense even though it sucks for the owner. There is still labor involved for X hours to try and trace/replicate a problem. What's worse is when a dealer charges you 3 hours of labor to diagnose the problem, say they fix it, and then the problem happens again when you leave the dealer ship, before you get to the second stop light... :mad:

Anyone have a link to a quick DIY up-pipe install? I was going to wait to install mine when the clutch goes, but I might want to do it before then. Thanks in advance :)

take off downpipe

unbolt top of uppipe around turbo (5 bolts)

remove front O2 sensor

remove header heatsheild

unbolt bottom of uppipe

unbolt engine mounts

raise engine several inches

slip out up pipe

install in reverse

it's not the easiest thing and you'll need a few good tools

I don't charge my customers a dime if we can't find anything wrong with a car... even if we spent days.

It depends on what I did if I charge or not. Some people leave their car with me for driveability issues or noises. I may drive the car around for a week and not be able to repeat the problem or figure out what it is. I won't charge for me driving around your car for a few days. I have other cases where I'm pulling the engine apart to hunt down something. Once I break out some tools, you're usually gonna get at least a little bill. But never more than one hours worth if I can't fix it.

I also am 95% modified cars only, so stupid and reoccurring problems are part of the game.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

all fixxed......cat less up pipe installed, and now i can drive like an ass if i want to haha :lol:

2006 Legacy GT 5EAT Perrin UP, SPT CAI, OBXR CBE, Catless DP, Perrin TMIC, Stage 2 AP tune

Soon after BNR 16G, Infamous Tune

you know that won't be the end, now that it has it's first mod, i won't be able to stop myself from buying stuff lol

2006 Legacy GT 5EAT Perrin UP, SPT CAI, OBXR CBE, Catless DP, Perrin TMIC, Stage 2 AP tune

Soon after BNR 16G, Infamous Tune

Archived