LegacyGT.com

turn signal malfunction

I have a 98 gt wagon and have realized a malfunction with my turn indicator. When my parking lights are off and i indicate to the left my turn signal flashes rapidly. However when my parking lights are on and i indicate to the left my turn signal flashes every 2 seconds when my foot is on the brakes, but if i remove my foot from the brakes my turn signal flashes every 1 second. Has anyone else experience this problem? Also I have checked and changed every bulb in the car so all the bulbs are good, also when i indicate to the right the turn signal flashes at a normal rate whether my parking lights are on or off!

• I Donated

Your problem is either a bad bulb, or the wrong bulb installed somwhere on the left side of the car.

If thats not the case, you may have a minor short in the brake / running / blinker light wiring on the left side.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

Its very possible that you could have used the wrong bulb somewhere. Its not the switch itsself.

99% chance its a bad bulb or wrong bulb

a bad relay can cause this as well, but I think both sides would be the same if it were the relay

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived