LegacyGT.com

3 things to luv and hate about Legacy

Love:

1) Stock Engine Power

2) Looks-I have had so many people come up to me and just check my ride

3) Value (is there a better car that combines price/lux looks/power?)

Hate:

1) Cheap Plastic Panels-don't get me wrong, the interior looks sweet but i've noticed some tiny chips and scratches

2) Stock Wipers Suck! Do I need to explain.

3) Lack of Folding Seats in the Sedan...I'm a producer/musician and this really sucks. And don't tell me I needed to get the wagon because I don't like the looks for me personally.

Hate:

1) Cheap Plastic Panels-don't get me wrong, the interior looks sweet but i've noticed some tiny chips and scratches

2) Stock Wipers Suck! Do I need to explain. Replace

3) Lack of Folding Seats in the Sedan...I'm a producer/musician and this really sucks. And don't tell me I needed to get the wagon because I don't like the looks for me personally. You can hate something like the Stock Wipers cause they are not performing up to standard, but you can't hate a feature of the car that is so obivous before purchasing it, it just speaks volumes of you. It's as if I said, "One thing I hate about my wife is that she is too short" ,and no I'm not married.

I keed I keeed

Love:

1) Stock Engine Power

2) Looks-I have had so many people come up to me and just check my ride

Hate:

2) Stock Wipers Suck! Do I need to explain.

3) Lack of Folding Seats in the Sedan...I'm a producer/musician and this really sucks. And don't tell me I needed to get the wagon because I don't like the looks for me personally.

1. Yup

2. Yup

3. Yup

4. Thumb shifters on Steering wheel

1. Ya, the plastic is cheapie-ish

2. I've had nothing but rain since last Tuesday's delivery, like the wipers fine, but will replace with Canadian Tire Reflex blades

3. I'm an electric and double bass player and I have saved my '98 Jimmy for gigs. Had I not the Jimmy, I would have bought the Outback XT, less agile than the Legacy, but pretty cool looking nonethless (and WORSE fuel economy, imagine that!!)

4. Climate Control on Auto

I had major issues with the non-folding rear seats before I bought the car but ended up sucking it up because I can always use our other car (Vue) for large loads. Hasn't been an issue for me, rarely even use the trunk. I was told (by SOA) that by not haveing folding rear seats they can acheive a more rigid design, thus better stability and handling.

What's with the rear windows not going all the way down? Not a big issue because there is rarely anyone back there, but I just find that annoying. Probably a safety issue with kids, but I wouldn't know.

i'm not 100% sure, but if you look at say BMW's... their rear windows are made of 2 pieces, making the part that actually rolls down more square. ours is trapezoidal, as is our door, so i don't think there is space in the door for it to fit all the way down...

My $27,000 worth of comments.

Love:

1) Stock Engine Power

2) Looks- 22 year old cool neighborhood kid says, "That's the hotest car on the block, even though it's a wagon!".

4) Legacygt.com community that happens to come with every Legacy (I actually joined the other forums for the other cars I was thinking of, but they were not half as good as this community - which actually sold me even more on Subaru - not that SOA (Subaru Of America or Stupid On Arrival) has anything to do with it.)

5) Comfort and handeling.

6) Modability - lots of Subi mods out there, and more coming.

7) Fun to drive.

Hate:

1) Radio - no aux in!?!?!? All I can say is - SOA (Stupid On Arrival).

2) ACC - uh again, SOA. Hell, manual AC would be much better.

3) Cheap Plastic Panels - maybe we can replace them with some expensive not-as-cheep plastic panels?

Hate:

1) Radio - no aux in!?!?!? All I can say is - SOA (Stupid On Arrival).

:lol: I love that comment ... SOA ... :D

Or is it that the aux in is FBTE ??? (Forgotten by the engineer ) :confused:

That and the the "not really changeable head unit" or at least "no pre-out thing" really annoys me ... but that's it

;)

ACC - uh again, SOA. Hell, manual AC would be much better.

Am I missing something here? There is a button right next to the "mode" button labeled "A/C"

:p Just stay away from the AUTO button and nobody gets hurt.

2.5 boxer turbo in a sedan. nice.

looks are acceptible, and keeps it on the down low for sleeper status. :)

ass warmers

awd

tranny is stronger than expected

decent trunk space

hate

combined head unit/ac (US-spec gets thumbed by subaru :( )

no dash accesories (nav, boost gauges, etc)

the fact that on the dash info display (temp, milage, etc) there's no g'damn boost reading! uhhhhgggg. they dropped the ball there.

different sized break rotors. wtf.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Hate would be too strong a reply to any short comming of my LegGT. I have enjoyed owning BMW, Benz, Audi, Lexus and Volvo. My LegGT gets more of the important and minor things right than any of my previous cars, price aside.

1. I love and am amazed at how effortlessly the H4 propels the LegGT from 10-70 mph or from 70-100 mph. This car is as smooth and pulls as confidently as a BMW inline six.

2. I love the frameless window doors. So cool I don't care about the reason.

3. I love the seats and high point of view from drivers seat, very BMW like.

4. I know this is supossed to be "3"things, but I love the simple, but complete and so ergonomic dash control design. Better than BMW, Benz or Lexus.

I wish for:

1. For a better sound system as a paid for option. Keep the base LegGT cheap and lightweight for the entry level enthusiasts.

2. Higher quality interior materials and finish, but current trim is very well designed and implemented.

3. This is so personal and so minor, but please put a good quality rear seat armrest in the LegGT/Ltd and future LegSti. It is on the Outback 3.0 and my sons Volvo V40 Sport. What happened to the LegGT? The the back seat, center armrest makes passengers so much more comfortable.

4. Subaru, please deliver a Leg/Sti wagon before my 05 LegGT hits 50k miles.

Yay:

1. wagon, AWD, manual transmission, decent power at a good price

2. aftermarket and OEM parts cheap in comparision to European vehicles

3. bit of a sleeper, insurance rates reasonable for now

Nay:

1. Needs a revised OEM ECU map to cure occasional hesitation

2. Longer wheelbase to ease access to rear seat

3. Needs better brake feel/more composed suspension

Hate,..

1,..Have to pick up car tomorrow at shipping dock since its Memorial Day today (but 2 weeks went by pretty fast),..

2. have bunch of stereo stuff from my previous car I cant put into legacy without thinking where to place deck,..

3. aftermarket parts are a little expensive right now,..But abundant or getting there,...

Hate,..

1,..Have to pick up car tomorrow at shipping dock since its Memorial Day today (but 2 weeks went by pretty fast),..

2. Have to baby car till the 1000 breakin miles are over, SoA should dyno the engine before assembly

3. have bunch of stereo stuff from my previous car I cant put into legacy without thinking where to place deck,..

4. aftermarket parts are a little expensive right now,..But abundant or getting there,...

I keed I keeed

Removing the black rubber residue they leave on the windshield causing it to chatter is a little more involved....

With 21k miles on my LGT that has been thru a winter, the wipers haven't disintegrated or smeared. It only has the usual problem, hard rubber that doesn't peform correctly. This is the first time I've heard of the wipers leaving black rubber residue, but maybe I will see that in July where it hits 100F in North Carolina.

Also, I think the poster was refering to the usual problem of hard/brittle rubber on the wipers that aren't doing their job.

Edit: And yes the stock wipers do suck, they just don't suck that much for me to replace em. I went to Autozone to get some Bosch refills, but Autozone didn't have the refills even though they sell the whole Bosch refillable wiper assembly, which is just un-fscking-believable.

Mojo

I keed I keeed

With 21k miles on my LGT that has been thru a winter, the wipers haven't disintegrated or smeared. It only has the usual problem, hard rubber that doesn't peform correctly. This is the first time I've heard of the wipers leaving black rubber residue, but maybe I will see that in July where it hits 100F in North Carolina.

Also, I think the poster was refering to the usual problem of hard/brittle rubber on the wipers that aren't doing their job.

Mojo

*shrug*. They wipe.. and if you let them wipe to much it leaves is residue in the last 4 inches or so of movement. It isn't really visible except for when it's wet. Everytime the wiper goes to that area it chatters. I have to buff that area clean to fix it.

Love:

(1) Bang-for-buck

(2) Below-the-radar exterior

(3) Subaru's magical Symmetrical AWD

Hate:

(1) Out-of-the-box "stock," she sounds like a well-muted electric blender

(2) Rather sloppy suspension motions in stock form, as compared to direct competitors

(3) Disappointing stock brakes, again versus direct competitors

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived