LegacyGT.com

2006 Subaru Legacy

I was hearing that the new Legacy will not be available in "un-limited". This is dissapointing to me because that put it in my price range, what will they do instead? Have all leather? All sunroof? Are they going to be options you can have or not have because as far as I know, a lot of people do not like sunroofs or leather. I was in the market for an 06 next spring, I want it brand new but not if I have no choice but the limited because I would like to stay $25,000 or less for a 5spd GT and that is what the non limited would get me for pricing brand new, the Limited is generally $27,000+ after haggling anyways. Are the 06's going to be much better than the 05's? I heard about the spec B but I would expect that to be up there in pricing with the STi and I can't afford that... I'd rather make a homemade spec B and do the mods over time with some minor go fast goodies.

I cannot speak for the American versions, but the Japanese '06 models (or the C revision) doesn't actually have many changes to it. If anything, it is mainly more softly suspended all around, especially so for the GT version. I would have to say that from a performance viewpoint, there is likely to be very little changes for the North American Legacy. From a features viewpoint, there will likely be some changes.

Cheers,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

http://www.sevenphotos.com

http://www.apexjapan.com

Just to add my 0.02, I finally pulled the trigger and bought an Obsidian black 5 spd Ltd this weekend. I talked with the salesperson after the sale (since I figured he wouldn't bs me then) he said no changes to the 06, no nav, no 6 spd, nothing. Maybe new color options. He did confirm the Spec B, and it will be getting a 6 spd, 18" wheels, nav, Bilteins, and a 3-4k more price tag. Even he said it wasn't worth it. And the 06's were delayed until September (I don't think the Legacy's are selling quite as well as they thought, at least around here). I got a pretty good deal on the car and my trade in so I think you could find what you're looking for in the price range you're looking at now.

I've been trading emails with a local salesman here trying to find a good deal on a '05 Garnet Red/black 5mt of which it appears none are available in the state :mad: .

Anyway, last week he informed me they would be placing their order for the first shipment of '06 Legacy's within the next week and expect delivery in the beginning of July. He didn't know options or new features beyond nav.

So, I guess that's a conflicting report to the no nav/not 'till September salesman.

Grrrr, I just wanna know the scoop for real - when are the '06s showing up and what's gonna be on them!

I've been trading emails with a local salesman here trying to find a good deal on a '05 Garnet Red/black 5mt of which it appears none are available in the state :mad: .

Anyway, last week he informed me they would be placing their order for the first shipment of '06 Legacy's within the next week and expect delivery in the beginning of July. He didn't know options or new features beyond nav.

So, I guess that's a conflicting report to the no nav/not 'till September salesman.

Grrrr, I just wanna know the scoop for real - when are the '06s showing up and what's gonna be on them!

I test drove an 05 about a month ago and the sales manager told me that the NAV would be available for ~$2000 on any 2.5GT but not the 2.5i

I just test drove another 05 on Saturday (at a different dealership) and the sales guy said that the NAV would only be available on the Spec B (which he said that there would be 500 of). I told him I heard otherwise on the NAV and he's going to find out on Tuesday and call me. To be honest, he seems a bit out of the loop so I don't have any clue as to the real answer.

NAV will be an option on ltd GTs. that's for sure. Spoke to a SOC rep on this. The only iffy is the power bump. Subaru is tight lip on this.

Even if nav if offered as an option, the question is, why would someone pay $2K for something that only displays nav. If it did nav, plays dvd's, MP3's, engine management, then, maybe, but 2 grand for just a nav is too expensive a luxury for what it returns.

Even if nav if offered as an option, the question is, why would someone pay $2K for something that only displays nav. If it did nav, plays dvd's, MP3's, engine management, then, maybe, but 2 grand for just a nav is too expensive a luxury for what it returns.

same people that would pay $1000 to switch their black and white wheel caps to coloured badges on their 911 options box.

I'd pay $2000 for just NAV (in fact, that's why I haven't bought an 05). A good stand-alone kit will run you $800-1000 and then you have to figure out where to mount it, how to power it, how to keep it from being stolen, etc. A factory NAV won't have those kinds of problems. If you should have a technical problem, the dealer is only a short drive away.

The best deal you will ever get on a non-limited Leg, will be in the next 3 months.

Don't wait for 2006.

The 2005 is such an f-ing great car!!!

At some point, there will be enough critical mass with the car, that a really good Nav option will be available.

Power bump for 2006 - what's 5%?

The car is so quick as it is - I am in that "speeding ticket risk zone" about 90% of the time I am driving!!! :lol:

If you get a non-limited 2005 GT you will save $2000, which you can use later for GPS.

FYI - Now that the Patriot act has blurred the concept of "invasion of privacy", State and local governments are working to be able to monitor citizen’s movements and speeds using the GPS in their cars. Obviously this concept of ticketing people without actually spending funds to catch them - has gotten the budget strapped governments looking to empty the pockets of it's beloved citizens - who happen to have GPS in their cars. Will it actually happen?? Why would they be spending time and money researching the concept if they were not interested in using it?

Our government - working hard to keep us entertained.

If you are looking for a red unlimited wagon, there is one in Danbury CT at colonial.sne1.com

Just my 2 cents....I will be ordering my car through a large leasing company(not through a dealership). They told me I will be able to order my 06 Legacy the second week or June. I hope they are right!!!

Eric

Just my 2 cents....I will be ordering my car through a large leasing company(not through a dealership). They told me I will be able to order my 06 Legacy the second week or June. I hope they are right!!!

Eric

What company is this?

I had heard the rumor that there wouldn't be an '06 base GT (or "non-limited"). Friday, when I picked up my '05 base GT wagon that I ordered back in March, my dealer told me again that he was pretty sure the GT's and OXT's would only be available in Limited trim. Glad I got mine!

I was thinking about how the rest of the world gets another version of the Legacy, the 3.0R and 3.0R Spec B. I think that should be incorporated into the 06 US market offering.

The Ouback already has the 3.0R, so they may not want to change their structure.

Here's how I would break the Legacy down. All models offered as Sedan or Wagon.

(DISCLAIMER: this bears little or no resemblance to what SOA will actually sell in the future, or in any plausible futures. it is a figment of my crazed mind, and shouldn't be treated with any undue credibility.)

2.5i - 2.5 liter NA, Base MSRP: $21,299.

Cloth standard interior, no ACC, no Moonroof.

Standard trans, 5MT with Symmetrical AWD. 5EAT (no sport shift) optional.

Legacy 2.5RS - 2.5 Liter turbo. Base MSRP: $24,980.

Cloth interior, manual sport seats, no ACC, no Moonroof.

Current GT brakes, and 17" wheels. (possibly different design than GT)

Standard Trans 5MT with Symmetrical AWD, Rear LSD standard.

5EAT w/sport shift optional,

6MT with VTD AWD optional.

Bilstein Suspension optional.

This car would be an unofficial "club sport" car for those enthusiasts who want the turbo, but no frills, and no added weight, and logically replace the 05 GT non-limited.

Legacy 2.5 GT - 2.5 Liter turbo. Base MSRP $28,280.

Bilstein suspension standard. 17x7.5" GT wheels and large brakes standard.

Leather sport interior, power heated seats, Moonroof, Homelink, and Memory seats/mirrors.

ACC, (three dials from the tribeca, with better software/sensor placement) Subwoofer stereo (with Sat/MP3 player input) with steering wheel controls all standard.

NAV and HIDs Optional.

Same Transmission options as the 2.5RS. 18x7.5" wheels optional.

This is essentially an up-content update to the GT Limited.

Legacy 3.0R - 3.0 Liter NA H6. Base MSRP $30,880.

Same standard suspension, interior, and optional equipment as the 2.5 GT.

NAV and HIDs standard, BTO delete option for no NAV, and halogen headlights at a rebate of option cost. (which almost no one will do.)

Transmisison: 5EAT with Sport Shift standard, 6MT with VTD AWD low-cost optional. 18" wheels standard. (17" GT wheel will fit, also BTO.)

Base prices are guesstimates based loosely on 05 GT prices.

I would add Chrystal Grey and a new Royal Blue (a color between WR-Blue and Regal Blue Pearl) to the entire lineup,

I'd add Garnet Red Pearl to the entire lineup, instead of GT-only. and I would add San Remo Red or Solid Red as a GT and 3.0R exclusive color.

I would also start to standardize the 5x114 wheel bolt pattern on all 06 Legacy/OB/B9 and WRX STi. Impreza/WRX and Forrester get 5x114 with the Impreza platform revision for 07.

All cars (Leg/OB/B9) would get a new external AM/FM/Satelite-ready antenna, and optional satelite radio in the head unit, and aux-in capability.

Since the GT and 3.0R both get the Bilstein suspension, and 18" wheels (GT Option), I would scrap the USDM Spec B as a limited run. Basically it would be available to all customers in the GT and 3.0R, and the RS can get the Bilstein suspension optioned on.

As a mid-06 model, released in March 06, I would introduce the...

2006.5 Legacy STi - Limited JDM (and associated markets), North America, Australia, GB, and European production 06.5 special serialized model.

'07 regular production in same markets.

3.0 Liter twin parallel turbocharged H6, 6MT with VTD AWD. ~375hp and 375lb-ft. of torque.

Perhaps a 6DSG option (two-pedal manual, with computer controlled dual clutches, paddle shift, if FHI can build or contract one.)

Maybe 5EAT sport shift, in the mean time, if it can handle the power.

7000rpm redline, geared for 62mph in 2nd gear, 5th gear just over 1:1, 6th gear as a taller overdrive.

65-35 rearward biased VTD automatic variable torque split center diff, and standard front and rear torque-biasing LSDs.

Best Subie street-based AWD system evar!

All the features of the GT/3.0R, with NAV/moonroof optional,

Standard HIDs, 18x8" BBS rims, Brembo Gold Brake calipers, and Aluminum Suspension arms. Legacy STi-specific Bilstein dampers and STi springs and anti-sway bars.

Black leather with Blue Alcantara trim/Red stitching in the interior.

Custom blue trim for the console sides and door handles, and STi badged Shifter and Steering wheel, STi embroidered seats. (possibly Recaros with Heat and SRS)

Standard in-dash aux gauge package, perhaps LCD based in Nav screen, with nav functionality being optional, and high-output stereo with sub.

All 06 Legacy STi models would be WR Blue Pearl with Blue Alcantara interior, with either gunmetal or gold BBS wheels.

Limited Multiple paint and interior colors available on the Legacy STi in '07.

Probably Satin White, Chrystal Grey, Solid Red, Obsidian or Java black, and WR Blue.

Standard aerokit and appearance package includes STi trunk lip spoiler, Legacy STi specific front air dam of a new design, similar to 06 Forrester STi concept, with integrated fog lights;

Mesh grille in the larger Spec-B size, with semi-gloss black surround, and silver mesh, with Subie Oval and STi badge; (similar to S203)

Standard fender flares (Outback parts adapted to the Legacy in body-color.) and integrated side skirts, as well as a Legacy STi specific rear bumper cover with diffuser. (also fits Subaru accessory 4-tip axle-back exhaust)

Subaru Technica International decals on front doors, STi badge and Legacy text on trunk lid, otherwise de-badged. STi wheel centers.

Red crinkle-painted alternator cover, valve covers, and intake runners, and STi painted intercooler.

Base MSRP: $35,980. And one hell of a performance deal at that price.

IwannaSportSedan, I like the way you're thinking. I just hope that Subaru is thinking along those same lines.

Since the Spec B rumors appear to be bearing fruit, I'm holding out hope for that STi too. I'll have my current car paid off by mid 2006, so it will perfect timing.

You have no idea how much I would like to. I am up for a raise in a few weeks, and that should improve the financial situation. Probably pay of the two cars early that I already owe money on, and get me into a Legacy faster.

The wife is talking about trading the Miata, once it is paid for, but I am not sure I want to do that. I want to keep both cars, and buy one when the other two are paid for. Just depends on how big of a raise, I guess.

As for the writing novels in threads... I am not sure how much that can be helped... I am liable to write more when I finally do get a Legacy, but I'll remember your comment the next time I am feeling verbose. :D

Archived