LegacyGT.com

Projector Headlights Question

OK. I don't know what I did wrong. So hopefully sumone can put me in the right directions on sumthings.

1. On my hi-beam are on 1/2 power when my low-beams are on. So what did I do wrong there?

2. A.My DRL doesn't come on. So will I have to wire them up to the parking lights? B. What are those bulb size?

3. I'm goin to order a HID kits. Now I already wired for the projector. Will it be hard to put in bcuz I did this?

1. it is a common problem with JDM conversions, you will need to double chech the wiring, identify the Hi beam, Low beam, and common. not 100% sure on your car, but on mine the common is actually a +12V supply and the lights are on a switched ground circuit.

2. yes, unless your car actually has DRL's stock, you can wire the "city light" to the marker lights or just leave it off. the bulb is a 194.

3. no idea.

• I Donated
3. I'm goin to order a HID kits. Now I already wired for the projector. Will it be hard to put in bcuz I did this?

I suggest ordering 6K color temp. Thats what I have, and they look amazing. Wiring them in is very simple. I can take pictures of my wiring (HIDs in JDM projectors) if you need it. Just let me know

this is refering to most reflector housings. The JDM projectors do perfect with HIDs. I have 6K hids in my JDM projectors and they do not blind other drivers, and visibility is great.

You need projectors to properly run hids, but you need to retrofit your lamps with projectors from a Lexus, or some such. It's a pain in the ass.

Actually you don't have to have projectors for HIDs. The D2 bulbs were made to fit inside reflector housings. There are actually several vehicles that come from the manufacture with HIDs in reflector housings that utilize the D2 bulb.

And btw - he is has projetors anyways. He has put the JDM projector headlights in his car and is having trouble wiring them in

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• 1 month later...

Archived