LegacyGT.com

First Impressions..LGT Ltd Wagon after 2 Days

we picked up our atlantic/taupe lgt ltd wagon saturday and have been tooling around in it since. so far my wife likes it a lot, as do i. sneaky quick, handles well, looks good inside and out and that huge sunroof!!!

the biggie for my wife is comfort in the seats and so far so good. she has a hard time getting comfy in car seats with her short legs so this is a relief. we got some nice comments on the car from some friends as you don't see a lot of new legacy's around and they don't look like traditional subarus.

we have to return to the dealer this week for them to install the subwoofer which should make a decent difference to the rather indifferent audio system in the car, and i need to figure out how to turn on the fog lights...other than that it's a pretty intuitive car.

i've attached a few pix...really like the color combo.

subi1.jpg.13c17cbfa87efb2171ab309720e583cd.jpg

subi2.jpg.1a966f929d3a32fa3f80b388bdd6be5f.jpg

subi3.jpg.773dc5ee80003ac7a8c92e7559197060.jpg

Congratulations!! I just picked one up myself (same as yours, except sedan). I *really* like it a lot so far.

It sure felt good finally pulling the trigger! As far as I can tell (after only a few short days of ownership), it seems to keep getting better! I find I'm especially fond of having a 'safe', 'family' car that looks and performs as well as this one does - even staying under 4k rpms.

Oh yeah, and I very much like the color combo as well.

figured out the fog lights!! not sure i like that the parking light indicator stays on all the time (when headlights are on) though...minor pick..

ended up buying it at diablo in walnut creek. surprisingly no hassles of any kind. they took me seriously the whole time and didn't try to play any games.

figured out the fog lights!! not sure i like that the parking light indicator stays on all the time (when headlights are on) though...minor pick..

ended up buying it at diablo in walnut creek. surprisingly no hassles of any kind. they took me seriously the whole time and didn't try to play any games.

purchase price

invoice

sticker

?

looking at lgt's myself =P waiting on 06 details though (mainly price/navi)

purchase price

invoice

sticker

?

looking at lgt's myself =P waiting on 06 details though (mainly price/navi)

i think i got a decent deal, not the absolutely best but we were pretty limited in car selection as my wife wanted only one color combo: atlantic/taupe. only 2 cars in the bay area region...anyway here are details:

lgt ltd wagon auto, subwoofer, rubber mats, air filtration, auto dimming mirror, rear cargo tray.

msrp approx $32.2

invoice approx $29.6k

price paid $27.8k zero dealer fees

probably could've done a couple hundred better but opted not to kill the dealer. had to go back and forth with him a few times to get this price. he recognized he was in competition and acted accordingly. we did a bit better than invoice minus the cash available.

Nice! How do you like it compared to your M5? I know they are different cars, but I'd like to hear your thoughts :).

hmmm, now that's an interesting question. first i want to say that i like the subi a lot, think it's excellent value for money spent.

i'd say that the m5 feels way different however, more substantial. the subi is very quiet under power while you can feel and hear the m5, which is obviously the quicker car. the subi is pretty fast though and a lot of fun to drive. biggest difference may be in steering feel however. the m5 has a 'heavy' german feel to it while the subi steering is very light, much too light to my liking. in terms of handling i think the m5 is again a tad 'tighter' feeling but the subi holds corners well for a car in its class, certainly for a wagon. the m5 has much larger tires which help.

no comparison on appointments or quality of materials, that's not fair.

what can i say, i like driving both which is a good reflection on the subi. oh, and love that sunroof in the subi, that one feature had a large bearing on my wife buying the car. biggest ongoing worry is seat comfort as she is still not sure she likes them. tough time getting her comfy in seats.

Because of gauge illumination, they have to give you the parking light indicator on the dash. Otherwise you may assume the lights were on when they aren't (driving on DRLs only; not that I have DRLs anymore :D ). It's on lots of cars today, from Lexus to a Toyota 4Runner.

Congrats! Nice color as well! How tall is your wife? Is it because she's short that she has a tough time finding comfortable seats? I'm rather short myself (5'6"), and finding a good seat can be a difficulty (however on my test drive, I felt the seats were good).

Congrads. Was that $27.8 plus tax/lic.? :)

i think i got a decent deal, not the absolutely best but we were pretty limited in car selection as my wife wanted only one color combo: atlantic/taupe. only 2 cars in the bay area region...anyway here are details:

lgt ltd wagon auto, subwoofer, rubber mats, air filtration, auto dimming mirror, rear cargo tray.

msrp approx $32.2

invoice approx $29.6k

price paid $27.8k zero dealer fees

probably could've done a couple hundred better but opted not to kill the dealer. had to go back and forth with him a few times to get this price. he recognized he was in competition and acted accordingly. we did a bit better than invoice minus the cash available.

Intersting comments on seat confort as I too have trouble getting my wife comfortable on long trips in the passenger seat.

I'm even thinking of trying to find a way of getting an eight way front passenger seat.

Anyone have any ideas. For some reason her back goes nuts. go figure.

Congrats! Nice color as well! How tall is your wife? Is it because she's short that she has a tough time finding comfortable seats? I'm rather short myself (5'6"), and finding a good seat can be a difficulty (however on my test drive, I felt the seats were good).

my wife is about 5'3"-5'4" with fairly short legs. it's tough to find a seat that doesn't hit her legs wrong and where her back/butt are supported (no comments please...:rolleyes:). that's why we've had saabs for so long...she's just comfy in those seats. that being said when we drove a saab aero she was very uncomfortable in their sport seats...

we drove the lgt ltd twice before buying and she seemed comfortable but the jury is still out. her back has been bothering her the past few days so it's not clear if the seat is part of the issue or not. i sure hope not...

300 miles on the car now...took everyone to a baseball game last night. the car seemed a bit 'floaty' fully loaded with people but we were on a pretty bad stretch of road (rt. 880 in sf bay area).

what can i say, i like driving both which is a good reflection on the subi. oh, and love that sunroof in the subi, that one feature had a large bearing on my wife buying the car. biggest ongoing worry is seat comfort as she is still not sure she likes them. tough time getting her comfy in seats.

I also have a GT Ltd. wagon...I enjoy driving the Subi as well...Steering, brake and road feel are noticeably a lot more numb when compared to BMWs but it's still a fun car to drive....and, like you said, it's a great car for the money.

I'm still trying to figure out the seats as well. My wife seems to like them....I like them for short trips around town but they got uncomfortable for me during the only longer trip I've taken with the car - around 300 miles. We're driving down to Hilton Head (~700 miles) at the end of this week.....I guess that will be a good test.

Archived