LegacyGT.com

Subarus are legos

Thats what everyone tells me. I was wondering if 01impreza (sedan) catback angeld tip exhuast system would work on my 97 lgt wagon, I herd i will have to get the pipe extended sence im a wagon?

Thanks in advance.

• I Donated
All the non-turbo exhaust is pretty much the same. You should run into no issues using the Impreza exhaust. Being wagon vs sedan has nothing to do with if you have to extend it or not. The wagon and sedans are the same length. I think (but may be wrong) the Legacy (in sedan or wagon form) is a tad bit longer then the Impreza, so you may have to extend the pipe a few inches because of that. But thats pretty easy to do.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
I believe so. The only thing that might be different is how the exhaust goes around the spare tire well because the Legacy one is a little bit deeper, but I think it fits right one. I would find a local WRX guy and see if his catback looks like it will fit on your car

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I am pretty sure hanger location will have to be changed. I say if you get a good deal on the exhaust take it to a shop and they will mate it up to your car.

that's what I did. picked up a free 02 WRX catback the other week. only one of the hangers met up with the stock hanger locations, and the mid pipe ended up about a foot short of the converter. I picked up a 1/2 inch steel dowel rod and used that to make extension off the stock hangers to get it to sit the way I wanted it and then went to the exhaust shop and had a guy weld up a pipe for 40 bucks

I have an angled exhaust from an impreza GC and it needed to be extended and cut as my rear sub diff mount thingy haha. Just get the exhaust and take it to an exhaust shop i paid 80 bucks to have mine welded and what not.

ya im geting one that PRE racing built for an 01rs(sedan) sence its angeld or crooked out the rear there wont be any problems? 2 1/2'' from cat back. im also geting a header off ebay, how bad will it be without a highflow cat? or should i just run straight pipe?

do not use 2.5" piping. its going to cause you to lose too much back pressure and hurt your fuel economy and power ratings

unless you're using a hybrid motor with high compression, you wont be pushing that much exhaust

2.25" is ideal for power gains and mpg, although neither is huge.. also use a resonator.. 18" is perfect, it will cut out the ricey rasp and bring out more of the rumble with the headers

So a resonator 18"one instead of a high flow cat. Well zues the problem is i guess is the exhaust i already bought from a guy is 2.5" axel back. Would it be bad to run 2.25" off the header all the way tell axel back then to the 2.5". How about a 12"resonator?

so whats the going cost going to be roughly if a bring in 15 to 20 feet on 2.25 pipe, my headers, and a muffler that i still need to buy, and have a shop install it..?

Atleast a 100$

yeah between 100-200 bucks but it definitly depends on where you go.

I went to one shop and they wanted 180 for the job, looked around and found a shop that did mine for 80 bucks.

what does it include for $80?

what does it include for $80?

rewelding of the exhaust pipe, adding the extension and adding a whole new section of mid pipe as the flex joint was done for. He also fixed the crack in my stock exhaust and have me a new/or used rear hanger as one of them was on its last leg. I went to a hole in the wall shop where there was no waiting room literally a father and son business with 2 lifts. The place that wanted too much was a bigger store on a main street.

So a resonator 18"one instead of a high flow cat. Well zues the problem is i guess is the exhaust i already bought from a guy is 2.5" axel back. Would it be bad to run 2.25" off the header all the way tell axel back then to the 2.5". How about a 12"resonator?

im sure having 2.25" up to that point would be better than running 2.5" all the way from headers like i did,

the extra 6" of the resonator is going to cut down on rasp noticeably, almost cut it all out so you'll be left with nothing but rumble, of which your muffler will determine the loudness

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/wakeboardingguy/000_0005.jpg

Archived