LegacyGT.com

what is wrong with my car?

Well I replaced the pre cat O2 sensor and it fixed it! So happy my car is running like a champ. Feels like I Gaines 50hp I just didn't notice how much my car was bogging down due to the bad sensor. So now I want an exhaust. Magnaflow or Invidia q300?

Well ideally I wanted the Cobb cbe to meet up with my Cobb downpipe but they obviously don't make it anymore. I like the way the Magnaflow sounds and looks. It almost looks stock just stainless. On the other hand I love the thought of having dual tip exhaust which is why the invidia caught my eye. But all the sound clips I've heard it sounds very raspy at higher rpms. Stromung doesn't seem to make their exhaust for the GT either. The megen racing looks cheap and sounds raspy too.

I just got the magnaflow, and one thing to make note of is that it is designed to bolt up to the stock downpipe, not an aftermarket 3" pipe, so it necks down to like 2.5" and has the flange setup for the stock donut gasket, not a flat flange. Not a big deal, the exhaust shop made quick work of fixing it, biut it was something that didn't comeup in my research. Otherwise, I love it! Looks great, sounds great, and it'll probably outlast the car.

I just got the magnaflow, and one thing to make note of is that it is designed to bolt up to the stock downpipe, not an aftermarket 3" pipe, so it necks down to like 2.5" and has the flange setup for the stock donut gasket, not a flat flange. Not a big deal, the exhaust shop made quick work of fixing it, biut it was something that didn't comeup in my research. Otherwise, I love it! Looks great, sounds great, and it'll probably outlast the car.

I'm thinking the older magnaflow cbe's had a different flange style. I bought my magnaflow cbe in april and it's a universal flange. It's designed to fit 2.5" stock dp and 3" a/m dp. since the OP already has an accessport, why not get a dp along with it and be stage 2. http://www.subimods.com has the best prices. I'm running the catless invidia dp and magnaflow cbe, installation went flawless, no extra parts needed.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I replaced the pre cat O2 sensor and it fixed it! So happy my car is running like a champ. Feels like I Gaines 50hp I just didn't notice how much my car was bogging down due to the bad sensor. So now I want an exhaust. Magnaflow or Invidia q300?

Recently had this same surging feeling while taking the car out after many weeks sitting in the garage. Holding the throttle steady anywhere from 1500-3000 RPM (and possibly higher) would give 200-500 RPM jumps, at regular 1-2 second intervals. Logged AFR and saw 11-20 while throttle position was constant. Unplugged my front O2 (which is post-turbo due to twinscroll) and it smoothed right out.

Anyways, did some searching on the forum to see if anyone had a similar experience and came across your thread. I ordered the new O2 sensor (P/N 22641AA32A), installed it and reset the ECU. It seems to be fixed, although I will give it a few more miles to make sure.

Archived