LegacyGT.com

Front windows,

I'm having trouble with my front windows, They roll down all the way... but only roll up a quarter of the way, I've read that replacing the master window switch could solve the problem, though i tried another switch out of a functioning (97) and it did not help, what could be the problem, oh and fiddling around drained the battery twice( yeah I didn't learn the first time) Now the Check engine light is on...

CEL will come on if the battery is really low like that, happened to me and the gauges were tweaking out and it was idling weird. Have you thought about the motors for the windows being bad? Maybe there isn't enough strength for the motors to push the window back up.

I'm pretty sure the motors are good, after messing around with the switch the drivers side finally decided to come up, the passenger side not so much... I ordered a newer master switch anyway

• I Donated
So they both started acting up at the same time? Do the back windows do the same thing? If you're draining your battery that quick, maybe you have a bad cell in it, or the alternator isn't charging it.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

today was a nice day (first one this year) so I decided to roll the windows down then when I parked... they went up a quarter ways (made me suspect that they either weren't getting enough power or the switch was acting up) The rear windows seem fine though I did not lower them all the way (in fears of all four windows being stuck down) I went to the auto store and had the battery and alternator checked out and they were both behaving normally.

• I Donated
get out the multi meter and check the voltage at the window regulators. see if they are getting 12+ volts......I think it should be about 12.8 volts

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

if you're getting the 12v at the regulator, then its the regulator thats bad.

have you tried operating each window on its own switch instead of just trying them from the master switch on the drivers door?

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

I have tried at the doors, I can roll them down about halfway and up again without worry but beyond that they decide they only want to go up and down a quarter ways

Archived