LegacyGT.com

Modified Tail Lights...no pictures....gauging interest

I'm a big fan of arctec(sp?), dude with the flat black wrapped lgt's LED tails. Look stock and real sharp.

http://berzindesign.com/LGT/DSC_0031a.jpg

The only thing i would change is to have the turn signal portion always be on and blink when the signal is engaged.

I tried the HID thing a few years back in my 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee (I retro'd four, yes four, bi-xenon projectors as my headlights, so I figured why not put HIDs in the rear too?). The concept was cool, but functionality was zero. By the time the lights stabilize and produce a usable light, you are already going back into drive.

If I were to do this again, I would look into using LEDs from CREE's XP-E series LEDs for reverse lights, and possibly for signal and brakes as well.

CREE supplies the LEDs for SUREFIRE's LED flashlights. If you ever had the chance to be blinded by one, then you know how bright a single LED can be.

I tried the HID thing a few years back in my 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee (I retro'd four, yes four, bi-xenon projectors as my headlights, so I figured why not put HIDs in the rear too?). The concept was cool, but functionality was zero. By the time the lights stabilize and produce a usable light, you are already going back into drive.

If I were to do this again, I would look into using LEDs from CREE's XP-E series LEDs for reverse lights, and possibly for signal and brakes as well.

CREE supplies the LEDs for SUREFIRE's LED flashlights. If you ever had the chance to be blinded by one, then you know how bright a single LED can be.

I have CREE LED Reverse Lights. I know how bright they are. I'm looking to become a vendor here and providing them for the Legacy community.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived