LegacyGT.com

Gutted DP

The benefit is that it looks completely stock. Which is important if you are worried about your warranty or your state has visual emissions inspections.

That and it should be cheaper than any aftermarket offering.

The only performance benefit that I can think of would be the fact that it should retain heat better than and unshielded aftermarket DP.

I am pretty sure you will still be restricted by the size of the bellmouth and pipe itself. The stock Downpipe is still smaller than most aftermarket DP's. I am sure you would see gains but maybe not as much as if you went slighter bigger. If your on the stock turbo the difference may not be that great but if you went aftermarket (like a HTA68 or 20G) that would be a limiting factor for more power. Hope this helps.

On a smaller turbo you will get the same power as with an aftermarket part. Going to a bellmouth style DP I got slightly earlier spool and the improved flow through the wastegate smoothed boost control a lot.

OTOH, stealth is underrated. The stock part is really quiet and has great heatshields.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Archived