LegacyGT.com

5EAT numbers

angeltalin

The extra torque and hp is prob from the FMIC and they dyno used might have red a bit high. I am a close second to him, at 228hp/312wtq on EFI Logics Mustang dyno (which reads notoriously low). IPT valve body, tranny cooler, TBE, tranny mount, tmic, ebcs. Been on stg 2.5 for over a year now, about 16k put on the car. Tranny is fine. Use manual mode most of the time. I do ATF drain/fill every 10k. My car was also stg 1 for about 19k. Right now I have 35k going on 36k on the clock and running fine.

Well I have the racer x fmic sitting in my closet and avo solid boost actuator and cobb XLE BPV. I'm getting deatswerks 750cc fuel injectors, walbro fuel pump, and grimmspeed ebcs. So I wanted to see what else I needed to get those numbers. I already have trucool 4454 transcooler, SPT heat shield, Agency Power Pulley, rallitek racing trans bushing, avo intake and intake box installed and turbo back with rallitek tune running really high boost hence the blowing of the tranny and torque converter. I forgot the numbers. I also think me alway using paddle shifters for shifting the car had added cause of the blowing up of both. Any other advice or suggestions? I'm all ears. I dont really have the money for a built vb at this time but I'll take what I can get.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use the paddle shifters. It can acutally be better b/c it aloows you to control the shifting, and not the the 5eat get to 5th at 40mph under load. that in itself is bad. You should have similar numbers with those power mods.

If it breaks can I have it? :D:D:D

What are tubs?

hot-tub-car.jpg

tubs is when you "back half " the car .. ie gut and install big aluminum wheel wells "tubs "

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

STi up, Invidia catted down, AVO drop-in, GroupA crank pulley, Stromung cat-back, Bulletproof TMIC mod. Stock fuel, stock vf40 with 100k miles, tuned for 91. Trans has no mods, yet, but I'm running a cooler.

241 HP @ 5350rpm

318 Ft-lb @ 2200rpm

Dyno chart attached.

Gary06LGTAutoStg2.thumb.jpg.7b242d849dfceb82e914fcb4133e3796.jpg

lordchilly if you dont mind me asking. What elso do you have done besides what you've listed? Has your tranny failed at all? Do you have fueling (injectors and pump)? valvebody? pulley? headers? up pipe? upgraded boost actuator and torque converter? How much boost you running? my trans and torque converter has blown up on my stage 2 and i bought my car new. I want my stage 2.5 to run close to the same power as yours

I got a list going. My tranny has been good to me (knock on wood). Bren set my car for (I)12 (S)16 (S#)19.5 He used a dynoPak which is pretty much accurate compared to the lowered dyno numbers on a mustang. I am in the works of purchasing new injectors and fuel pump.

Engine

• Xo2racing turbo inlet pipe (blue)

• Xo2racing TBE

• Xo2racing Catless Downpipe

• MegaMAF 73mm Big MAF Cold Air Intake, AEM DryFlow Filter w/prefilter and Heatshield

• Perrin performance Perrin Lightened Crank Pulley

• COBB battery tie down

• COBB RADIATOR SHROUD

• COBB Heat Shield

• GrimmSpeed EBCS

• Perrin performance Catch can (Blue)

• Racer X FMIC (No cutting Beams and Keep Foglights)

• NGK One Step Colder Spark Plugs

• RPA Hood Stuts

• STI Engine Mounts

• STI Pitch Stop

• OEM Transmission mount with Rallitek Transmission Mount Bushing

• Tru-Cool 4454 Transmission Cooler

• ProSport Oil Filter Sandwich Adapter

• GFB BOV

Thats what the tuners told me to do prior of the tune to get better spark. I got a new set sitting on my floor waiting to be installed after the fuel pump and injecters. So I can a nice tune out of it.

Thats a sweet list. Would y'all recommend me to get new sparks before going to my stage 2.5.

Only if they're due for a change regardless of stage #.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Check the spark plug thread on here and NASIOC to see what style is "in" right now. The cool kids will tell you to go "One step colder" than stock heat range, which means it's the same plug as stock, but moves slightly more heat away from the combustion chamber into the cylinder heads. Trouble is, the engineers knew how this works, and picked a specific heat range appropriate for the engine.

You're probably best getting the same OEM-spec NGK spark plugs, as they are the best you can get. Or if you want to change it up, get the one step colder plugs, which will make a change that almost no one can detect. It probably doesn't matter, as long as you stick to the Iridium NGKs.

A little light reading:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/spark-plug-part-numbers-158041.html

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/spark-plug-ngk-p-ni-multiple-listed-150914.html?t=150914

I feel like I remember finding that some EVOs came stock with plugs that were one step colder than that of the EJ25. Fun trivia.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Eh some high boost E85 guys like 2-step-colder silver and copper racing plugs, but they run too cold to clean themselves most of the time, so you have to change them more often. Some guys run high boost on E85 with Iridiums, and are perfectly fine. On gasoline, you are seriously fine with stock.

I don't think I'll be running e85 anytime soon theres no pump close to my house. So piss water 91 socal gas for now. So maybe just some oe plugs like your wrote or the 1 step colder. Ive got like 43k mi on my engine so its not really due for new plugs well at least i dont think so? or am I wrong? and change them around 45k or 60k? or maybe even 100k?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Can't wait to see my numbers, Dropped my 08 off today for the build.

BNR16g, Invidia Catless DP, Magnaflow 3", DW650cc injectors, DW65c Pump, 1-step plugs, Grimmspeed EBCS, TurboSmart BOV, High Flow intake, TS TMIC, Tru-Cool 4454 Tranny Cooler...... n cust Tune by IPS motorsports.

Needing my VB mod next >.<

any guess what I'll be lookin at once its all said and done guys??

213awhp/220awtq with an invidia catless up, cnt catted dp, stock turbo/fuel/intake, and what I suspect is an unfinished infamous stage 2 tune.

No tranny mods yet.. I have Hexmod's cdif bearings, not yet installed.. eventually will get his vb mod. I really think this dyno reads low... I was expecting better numbers... unless I have an issue elsewhere.

581398_10150777987525862_682000861_11961511_137462390_n.jpg

Archived