LegacyGT.com

Intake/hp idea's for non-turbo 2009 2.5i?

+1 whitetiger.

The only relatively cheap engine mods are the lightweight crank pulley which frees up (does not add) a few horses, panel air filter, and the throttle controller from panson on these forums.

Other than that, the only other modifications we can do are interior, exterior and suspension.

And, before you ask, trading your car in for the GT makes much more financial sense than to do an engine swap :)

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

tito is right i am having a cobb pulley installed next wed and I already have an AVO panel filter, and throttle controller. That will give you some decent oomph but not more horses, I guess if you hit the track with the car... haha you might be able to smoke a 1.8T or a non si civic haha

Also if you do exhaust stick with the stock and just throw new cans... you will loose your low end if you go the 3 inch cat back route

+1^ if I only new where to get a tune for an N/A here in SLC

Also you could try this:

Note: these are not my words but I was directed by a buddy to try this he says it really works. I will probably do it before things heat up too much here. In theory it should be effective but once again I would not expect added gains.

"Under-hood engine heat is a serious performance robber in almost

all cars. Not only does the under-hood heat cause performance

loss by heating up the intake air, but it also causes

performance loss by heating up the fuel lines. Cooler fuel will

help cool the intake charge, as well as provide for a better

overall mixture.

In order to get this stolen power back, simply go down to your

local hardware store and purchase a roll of refrigerator and

air conditioning insulation. Wrap all of your under-hood fuel

lines with the insulation to keep the cool in, and the hot out."

• 2 weeks later...
+1 whitetiger.

The only relatively cheap engine mods are the lightweight crank pulley which frees up (does not add) a few horses, panel air filter, and the throttle controller from panson on these forums.

Other than that, the only other modifications we can do are interior, exterior and suspension.

And, before you ask, trading your car in for the GT makes much more financial sense than to do an engine swap :)

Not trying to hijack OP's thread...I have a similar question to the OP..didnt want to start a new thread.

Anyways...have had my 2.5i for about a month,enjoying the AWD,fuel economy etc..did not buy this car to race or to push huge hp.

But i was wondering and i think you have already answered my questions...not really looking for hp gains but just a little more enjoyment while driving?

So in order-

lightweight crank pulley

panel air filter

throttle controller from panson

Where can i look for this?

i think the throttle controller will be most beneficial

panel air filter can be ordered from avo, fred beans parts also carries it...but should be about the same price i donno if someone has a promo on shipping or what not, but here's the avo link:

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/panel-filter-p-3.html

lightweight crank pulley, perrin i know off the top of my head makes one but i think there's a couple others, agency power, group A maybe? i have a perrin one, fred beans probably carries an assortment of them as well but there's plenty of other vendors on the site that could prob get you one as well

i think the throttle controller will be most beneficial

panel air filter can be ordered from avo, fred beans parts also carries it...but should be about the same price i donno if someone has a promo on shipping or what not, but here's the avo link:

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/panel-filter-p-3.html

lightweight crank pulley, perrin i know off the top of my head makes one but i think there's a couple others, agency power, group A maybe? i have a perrin one, fred beans probably carries an assortment of them as well but there's plenty of other vendors on the site that could prob get you one as well

Thanks for the detailed response...would i just take these to a indy shop and have them install

There are 3 e85 stations for 15 million people where I live. I doubt it worse than that. I drive 20 miles each way to get e85. I own many 5 gallon jugs too. (Fortunately friends lives by 2 of them and I keep my airstream at a yard by the other one)

Tune the car for E85. If you have to buy presents for your ride then put the $ into suspension / brake mods which you can transfer to a LGT or GH8 later on.

If you want to mod the car for the sake of modding it at least gain skills that you can carry into the next one, like learning how to tune. If learning isn't your thing, at least buy parts you can use on a car with a better HP/$ quotient for power mods.

I know it's brutal advice and the n/a guys never like to hear it, but I ran an n/a Subaru before and I wish I'd taken this type of advice to heart when I first heard it.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived