LegacyGT.com

p0230 fuel pump primary circuit malfunction after tgv deletes?

• 11 years later...
This isn't the "Connect the pink wire together" sort of thing. For some reason the ECU is seeing a problem in this circuit. You need to track down why this is happening.

Here is the complete diagnostics procedure. There is not much to it. Get out your multimeter and get busy.

I am having a problem with DTC P0230 and was happy to find this post with a diagnosis procedure.

My car failed Steps 4 and 6, which test the fuel pump control unit terminals 6, 7, 8, and 9 to chasis ground. Success criteria is resistance > 1Megaohm and I was reading <0.5Megaohms. It would seem that the FPCM is the culprit.

Would the fix be as simple as just swapping it out? I checked all the wires I could and did not see any exposed wires that may be unintentionally grounding. Is there anything else I should be checking? I have tried to do my research and want to be sure before ordering the part. Help is very appreciated! Thanks

Edit: The car still runs with P0230 CEL. Other posts I've seen with similar issues describe the car won't start.

Edited by kingsteve
more background