LegacyGT.com

Single Tip exhaust on Legacy?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well it depends.....yes and no. Do you have an aftermarket exhaust? The stock mufflers are quite large and have a lot of packing in them. I am also catless and have no resonator. But yes....I have yet to run into someone that has an aftermarket dual that is as loud or louder than my single.

I've got an invidia catless dp mated with a megan racing catback. It has a resonated midpipe and decent sized mufflers for aftermarket. My TBE is barely audible at idle, low and throaty at lower RPMs, but can get up there when I really give it a good romping, whereas from the vid yours is loud all the time and only gets louder as the RPMs climb.

What I meant with my comment is that it sounds more like a WRX or STI than any Legacy I've heard, and there are 5 or so guys around here with Legacys running all different aftermarket exhausts. Yours would compete with one of the local guys that has an invidia n1 race on his WRX.

It's cool; I'm with the band

lol...yea. I love it cause it is different. When I come around the corner the look on people's faces when they don't see the WRX they are hearing is very amusing. As much as I love it though it can be very annoying. On the highway it has a drone that makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon....really bothers me on long trips, but short ones are manageable And when I take off at a traffic light everyone thinks I am trying to race them and I am only going 35.

If you take that resonator off you will get some more noise....those really can dampen the sound sometimes.

lol...yea. I love it cause it is different. When I come around the corner the look on people's faces when they don't see the WRX they are hearing is very amusing. As much as I love it though it can be very annoying. On the highway it has a drone that makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon....really bothers me on long trips, but short ones are manageable And when I take off at a traffic light everyone thinks I am trying to race them and I am only going 35.

If you take that resonator off you will get some more noise....those really can dampen the sound sometimes.

^^^This is why I would use a resonator, I hate droning, I do not want people thinking I am racing them doing 35mph and I do not want EVERYONE to look at my car.

Thats all!

Does sound pretty good at low speeds and lower RPMs.

[

• 2 weeks later...

Voila! We now have my single exit made after a billion years and a half.

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/ConvoySkater92/2011-05-19141347.jpg

Video later. :)

Voila! We now have my single exit made after a billion years and a half.

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/ConvoySkater92/2011-05-19141347.jpg

Video later. :)

Nice, now make it shorter and get a JDM rear bumper with the p/s side exit covered. :p

Then switch to NA hood, upgrade to FMIC/turbo if u havent already, then slap on some 2.5i/PZEV badge and go sleeper-kill some evos!

(ps. this was my vision when I had my 4th gen :))

I like my hood. Im getting a FMIC that keeps my fogs, and ill look into the bumper. For now, im getting an AP and downpipe. Then headers and up. I want the cosworth stroker kit. :)

curious, why did you decide to put the muffler on the driver side and not the other side?

Because the left side make is straight back. If you were to rout it to the right side there would be more bends in it then needed.....kinda defeating the purpose of going single.

Look under your car and tell me the right would be a straight back. If you go to the right you have route the pipe around all the crap on the right side. What I meant from my last post was to go to the left was way fewer bends than going to the right.

If you remember what the stock y pipe looks the drivers side pipe is straighter than the passenger sideso it kinda makes it more of a y than a Y :lol:

You can't really tell from the pic....but there is no possible way to go from the dp straight back.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee192/SubieChik/BiLLiE003.jpg

Archived