LegacyGT.com

just tinted my windows (not happy)

slimfast

i am pretty sure thats just water between the film and glass that they use during install. It should all dry up and go away in a few days especially if its warmer out and sun heats them up. Keep your eye on it but i think it will go away.

Normal.

You need to give it a week so that moisture can evaporate. Pretty silly for the tint guy not to mention that.

That's a lot more then what my windows looked like right after install, but you do have to allow a few days to let it dry. Hopefully you'll get some nice warm sunny days to help the process.

I'd still call the guy who did it, but I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Be sure not to roll down the windows for a few days.

^All that. If it does not go away in a week to 10 days call him back and get it redone. Dont wait more than 2 weeks and dont mess with it - let it dry out. It does in 72hr in sunny SoCal. Almost all tint guys have some sort of satisfaction promise - mine is "lifetime".

Yeh I just got a quote for my windows. 225 for the low quality no guarantee standard all 5 windows and a windshield strip. I think its kinda high so I'm still shopping around. if anyone has recommendations up where I am. feel free to let me know. =]

^All that. If it does not go away in a week to 10 days call him back and get it redone. Dont wait more than 2 weeks and dont mess with it - let it dry out. It does in 72hr in sunny SoCal. Almost all tint guys have some sort of satisfaction promise - mine is "lifetime".
thanks, yea its almost completely gone except for a couple "bubbles" here and there. and a couple small spots on one window where i guessed i missed some of the old adhesive when i removed the old tint. i wonder if my guy would redo the tint for me even though im the one who missed the spots. technically, hes supposed to make sure the windows clean right?

thanks, yea its almost completely gone except for a couple "bubbles" here and there. and a couple small spots on one window where i guessed i missed some of the old adhesive when i removed the old tint. i wonder if my guy would redo the tint for me even though im the one who missed the spots. technically, hes supposed to make sure the windows clean right?

Yeah it's his job to ensure the glass is clean before he applies the new tint.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

on a side note - is there any way to get scratches out of tint? there must have been a small rock in the rubber window guide, as i have a nice long curved scratch that follows the window path on the passenger side front window...

on a side note - is there any way to get scratches out of tint? there must have been a small rock in the rubber window guide, as i have a nice long curved scratch that follows the window path on the passenger side front window...
my unprofessional opinion would be no. sounds like its time for new tint.

on another side note got my rear window done today, nasty blue bubbling tint is gone! total cost for my rear two and back window was $190 and that includes the removal of the old rear window tint ($30). thinking to go all out and get my tails done too but im not sure. dont want to attract unwanted attention but i do like the look.. on some cars.. not sure how it would look on a 2nd gen though with that long stretch of red across the trunk that says SUBARU.. said he would tint that too if i wanted. opinions on this?

• 3 weeks later...
Tint prices vary wildly with locale. Cheaper in the southwest on account of the number of talented competitors, pricier in the northern states. YMMV of course but this is my experience.
No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

• 2 months later...

Archived