LegacyGT.com

00-04 sti killer...?

i cant decide wheter to get a new legacy (05) or the older style (00-040, cuz i reallylike the older style and want one bad, but if there isnt anyway to get it up there in hp and trq, im gunna try to forget about it... does anyone know the easiest way to turn an lets say 03 lgt into a monster without it being way to over my head in price... i need help. what should id do?

p.s.- if u guys cant help i might just by an 01 s4... so help, i dont wanna go audi... find me power!!!

You are talking about a good amount of custom work done. It will not be easy or cheap. I would think you could get it up there in power, but i still feel that money is better spent on a new car w/warranty.

Dollar for dollar the 05 GT turbo will still respond better to any modding though.

I have a friend who has a '98 GT (best body style I think) and he found a twin turbo JDM engine in Florida and had it shipped up here to VT. The amount of custom work that had to be done to convert the car from right hand drive to left was insane and took alot of money. Every thing in the engine bay had to be moved around and squeezed in to account for the TMIC and the turbos. Your best bet is to find an older GT with a blown engine for cheap and swap it with a turboed WRX engine (this is my plan, but for now im building up the suspension to handle the increase in power), or you can buy a new STI engine from subaru for $9000 I believe. Whatever you choose though good luck and an Audi isnt bad, here is a friends A4 from school making approximately 500 hp ;).

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552825/1

http://blacktoast.com/images/vortex/teets/h20_high.wmv

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

you can find slightly used JDM engines on e-bay pretty cheap. i was an entire front clip or a JDM wrx for a little over $2k. i agree with aczwild, get a 97-99 legacy gt (they look the best :) and do and engine swap. it'll be a total sleeper, and it'll be half the price of a new GT, and at least as fast. but if you got the $$ (which i don't), defenitly go for a new one.

Archived