LegacyGT.com

06 JDM front end??

specialB

I've been doing some research using the search feature on the forum and haven't really found the answer im looking for. I got some decent insurance money from a front ender and I want to replace the front bumper with a JDM spec b bumper of the same year. Where can I purchase one of these puppies??

You'll get a quicker response if you email them with a specific inquiry. The kit you are looking for is 107-024-S IIRC. Not sure if the titanium silver metallic was available in Japan, but you can check your paint code against the drop-down menu under the part listing on their site.

Be forewarned, the USD/JPY is really bad right now and shipping is going to be pricey. Can't hurt to get a quote though.

The part alone will run you around 750 dollars... and IIRC, you have to modify the bumper reinforcement beam on the front...

I also heard from another vendor that a lot of JDM body parts get damaged during shipping and have to be repaired, but that's only what I've heard..

Why are these parts so hard to come by/so expensive? Doesn't Subaru parts of Japan make factory parts for replacement like we have here? Seems like everything that these websites have is taken off of cars and are prepainted. I can go on Rock Auto and get a new bumper cover for like 120 bucks.

supposively JDM Urban gray is a really close match. And thanks to the rarity of othe spec b, Dupont hasn't put too much R&D into the titanium silver met. and its just not a great match. maybe this time I can tweak the paint formula a little bit to get that hint of yellow to come through and match better.

Looks like I can get a JDM spec B bumper with all the necessary components to bolt the JDM bumper onto the USDM (bumper beam, absorber, brackets, etc...). It also includes the spec B mesh grille. The bumper also has a lip skirt which is optional and can be removed. $1475 shipped, good deal?

Archived