LegacyGT.com

Oh no's, Got me another one!

Most of the new cheap ones have a check valve so it can be done by one person. I have a old sunpro one that works way better and I use it this way. A valve leak most of the time will hold pressure in the cylinder for a short period of time, like 5 sec, then start bleeding off.

No offense taken, I have compression checked many motors and about half of the motors I pull apart do exactly as I described above.

And I still can do it with one person, just bump the starter, really easy on a subaru.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Okay didnt get to do much since last update but my only other option is to take off the tc bolts and start her up without the tranny connected. Then i can isolate it to the engine or trans and go from there. Hate dealing with this. If i could afford another payment, i would have driven her to the dealer and traded her i don't feel right selling my issues to someone else ... Unless they want it

• 1 month later...

http://img.tapatalk.com/443794aa-f3c6-54c7.jpg

She's on the street on temp tags! Gotta get inspected for tags. Still have the vibration but its annoying me less now and you cant feel it when driving. Gonna drive her around on smaller trips around town before talking her on longer trips

May however need tires and brakes soon

• 2 months later...

had to pull the engine again for head gaskets ... it's running decent now. Got started on getting the paint into decent shape, and damn do I have a lot of work ahead of me. Got a friend's PorterCable so it's going along a bit faster. The only bit of paint that's not scratched up or swirled is the leading area of the hood that was under the plastic bug/stone deflector.

Yet to get permanent tags. Head gaskets took longer than I expected so the temp tags expired and I can't drive her to the inspection station, doh!

Archived