LegacyGT.com

Subaru's "Teaser Page" for the 2012 Impreza is up

TooBigToFit

-Does Subaru have only one-size-fits-all fckin side mirrors to use across the whole line-up and does it have to be the size of a freakin house????!!!!

- If that mirror was any further back it'd above the door handles....ugh!!!!

-Oh the monstrosity...the current impreza is fine enough so stop shooting urself in the foot Subaru. Leave it alone...gawd.....!!!!

-Whats with that front side window...is it having a baby, why is it split? Trying to copy the POS Civic.

- I dont have any more hair to pull out over you stupid designs Subaru, and I am not expecting any wonders for the Toyobaru either.

- Those folks that said earlier that " subaru knows how to screw up a perfectly nice concept into a bargain basement looking POS " are SPOT On!!!!

- Even the Hyundai offerings looks a billion times better and have great interiors, performance, value...now only if thay had a good AWD system......

I'm just searching for slightly used 335i's or 135i's till the new X3 3.5 can be had as 'slightly used', since i wont pay premium for that brand new depreciation car smell!!!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Note that they removed the reference to 2.0i from the mileage disclaimer. It now says:

*Manufacturer estimated fuel economy for 2012 Subaru Impreza CVT 36 MPG highway.

Where it previously said:

*Manufacturer estimated fuel economy for 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i CVT 36 MPG highway.

Wonder why they'd bother to take that down.

All-New Subaru Impreza to Make Global Debut at New York International Auto Show With a "3-D" Reveal
Subaru fans not attending the auto show can watch the live news conference and unveiling at Subaru.com. Subaru will also address fans' questions during a live question-and-answer session the same day (time to be determined). The "Q&A" will be streamed on the 2012 Subaru Impreza Facebook page. Enthusiasts can submit their questions about the 2012 Impreza – the most fuel efficient all-wheel drive car in America* – on Facebook throughout the day.

-Does Subaru have only one-size-fits-all fckin side mirrors to use across the whole line-up and does it have to be the size of a freakin house????!!!!

- If that mirror was any further back it'd above the door handles....ugh!!!!

I think the mirrors are folded back in those pictures

Can't wait for the dimensions on this; hope they didn't make it too big/heavy.

I liked the refinement of the 5th gen lgt, but it was frankly too big for me and the lack of a SpecB just reinforced my decision.

In other words, the current Legacy is too big for me and lacks a true performance version, whereas the STI based off the current Impreza is not premium enough for me to justify the price.

If this new Impreza can bring over the NVH improvements from the new Legacy and the STI version doesn't go too extreme (i.e. garish) in the styling, then the new WRX STI could be the answer to the old Legacy STI that I was always hoping they would sell here. Could be a hell of a sleeper wingless. I know I'm in the minority on this, but if I there were a car with STI performance & tuning potential that looks like a Corolla and has the comfort of an Acura, I'd buy it in a heartbeat :p

I'm holding all opinions to myself until I see it in person. Didn't like the 5th gen until I pulled up next to a 2011 gt at NAPA over spring break. Comparing my 98 with it and talking to the owner, I was pretty impressed with it. Sure, it's going mainstream, but how crazy are these designs going to get if crazy doesn't sell?

I wish they stuck to the concept. Those lines are macho. But, this one doesn't look too bad...it seems like a face-lift of the 2011 model more or less. Not bad, considering the older model just looked stupid IMO.

36 mpg highway is what's going to sell, and with the new-gen boxer engine putting out okay numbers as far as hp and torque go, and if it's lighter, it should make it mildly fun to drive...I'll wait until I can get behind the wheel of one. Interesting stuff so far...the war of words has begun :spin:

Archived