LegacyGT.com

30k service cost

it's much cheaper to do it yourself. I just did a 60k service and had the dealer do harder things that I either didn't feel like doing or didn't have necessary tools (ex: coolant flush, brake flush, tire balance, alignment etc) I ended up paying $430 for a quote that was nearly $1000 if they did everything. I probably spent 5 hours of my life and an extra $150 for parts. Still a ~$400 savings

Oh and the great thing about it is that if you call them you can swap out some of the things for better alternatives if you call them, you can also take thing out of the package to reduce the price if youve already done it on your car..ie. air filter.

Do it yourself!!! I saved more than half of what the dealers were charging when I did it myself. It was a learning experience too! It's an easy job if you do the research on these forums, NASIOC, and Scoobymods. Luckily I live near a base that has a do it yourself garage with lifts and tools to rent.
Sold: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B #104 of 500

Spark plugs aren't a 30k service item. They are a 60k service item. At least in my 09. The N/A cars need plugs every 30k.

I didn't bleed my brakes at my 30k service, but that's because I am planning on doing Brembos within the next few thousand miles.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Where in New York are you? It takes me about 45 minutes to an hour to get down to them and I live in Westchester County, NY.

Im in south/east queens.

I think i might take it to them. I can do the service myself but im tired of knuckle chips etc,. lol plus as i got older, i think ive gotten lazy when it comes to working on cars.

go to broken motorsports. I had them do it for cheaper than azp and the guys there are cool as hell. an actual rally team/shop

AZP is an actual road-race team/shop.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Spark plugs aren't a 30k service item. They are a 60k service item. At least in my 09. The N/A cars need plugs every 30k.

I didn't bleed my brakes at my 30k service, but that's because I am planning on doing Brembos within the next few thousand miles.

Interesting. When I took my N/A to AZP for a 30k, I distinctly remember them not doing spark plugs...

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Archived