LegacyGT.com

The elusive and exclusive Legacy GT

I am convinced I am the only person in Springfield, MO to own one of these cars. Hell me and barbeau82 may be the only owners in the entire state of Missouri.

I think I saw yours parked in front of Bass Pro back in April. LOL!

• 4 years later...
^ Haven't seen many red ones in the area!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Interesting... I have been seeing the GT a LOT more recently. I've had my 2.5i since fall '07 and would rarely see any Legacys around, but now I see at least one or two every time I go out. A week or two ago I saw a beautiful new Spec B on 287 N around the Tappan Zee. It still had the dealer temp plates on it.

I am in southern Ct. and I see quite a few LGT's, almost one a day. Last year I told my gf that the next car we get will have AWD and Turbo. After seeing a few Legacy's on the road we just fell in love with the style of the car so I did some homework and when the time came about three months ago I was going to test drive an 05 LGT and a BMW 330xi. I never made it to the BMW dealer:lol:. Super car.

Here in RI Outbacks are everywhere. I see quite a few 2.5i's and a few GT's here and there. Last week at the store a little old man (probably 70+) pulls his ABP LGT sedan into the parking space next to mine. I came out to find him gazing into the passenger window looking it over. The conversation started as; "Never actually saw one this color, get pulled over much?" We chatted a bit, he's an ol' 1960's hot rodder. Nice guy, said he enjoys the power and AWD the most.

I see at least 2 LGT's a week. I also see a bunch of i models and tons of new outbacks. When I drive 5 hours south to NY, I have never seen any. I guess the Subies are more popular up here in Vermont and NH.

You bet they are. It's their primary region. Up at school in Maine I feel like I'm in land of the Subaru or land of the pick-up truck.

do you guys know there are regional "spotted" threads?

Yes but since I am new to this forum and located in southern Ct, I wasn't sure where to post, meaning the New England or the Tri State thread. The Tri State thread seems like it should be the New Jersey "spotted" thread so maybe I'll stick to the New England side:lol:.

I love the LGTs rarity factor. I go to the Midway car meet on University Ave in Saint Paul, MN most weekends. For those of you that don't know of it; it's a weekly meet of 300+ sport compacts, muscle cars, lowriders, etc.

Attending is a very very interesting experience. Tons of clowns and asshats, but some really good people too.

I have NEVER seen an LGT there. I get a ton of compliments, particularly from the Impreza guys. It's awesome to have a a car that no one else does, although to the ignorant ricers they probably just think it's a Camry with a hood scoop.:lol:

i drive an hour to work each way on mostly highway roads in and around Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill,(i-40, i-85, i-540, US-1) and have always been on the lookout for fellow Subie loves. I will rarely spot another 2.5i-er, but have yet to see an LGT. I pass numerous, numerous Outbacks (i live in Outback enthusiast land- but who doesn't, lol) and also see many high dollar automobiles. I run 4 body shops in these areas and again, have never seen another 2.5i or LGT in my shops in over 8 years! too many sti's and wrx's to speak of. But nothing to speak of on the Legacy front. I somehow enjoy this though. Although, i would like to see a few in the shop. Not to be saddened with a busted leggy, but to share the love stories with another Leggy fan.

Here in the suburbs of Cleveland, in NE-Ohio, Subarus are a very, very common sight.

Driven and loved by a true cross-section of the whole population, everyone from high-school students to retired grandmas.

Truly older Subarus are rare, but it's not at all uncommon - nor unexpected - that previous-generation vehicles are seen even in the more affluent areas as either trusty winter transport or as hand-me-downs to the new drivers of the family.

Outside of the Imprezas, though, it's rare to come upon a turbocharged variant.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Lol... stop looking, or drive something else. That's when i always see them, other legacys or Subarus, as a matter of fact.

08 NBP Legacy GT BNR16G E85

13 WRB WRX. TBE & Tune

07 FXT Sports. Stock :lol:

Archived