LegacyGT.com

took the Mazda6 on a roadtrip this past week...

The mazda is great for road trips... we were getting 35mpg, it's a soft, smooth ride, great on the highways and quick enough to not suck.... however when i got in my Legacy this morning and pulled out into traffic - i got the same feeling i did just after i bought the car. My legacy had never felt so fast before.

I think everyone should be forced to spend a week driving a slow car to keep them from taking the Legacy for granted

:)

Guest JessterCPA

Happens to me every weekend when I get out of the wife's car. :) Its like I got a new car every Monday when I get in the LGT.

Jesse

Hey at least the T is still a nice car, even if it's a little slow ;)

My other car is a 96 geo metro automatic! I try to drive it for a few days but I can only take it for 1. That car is slow and a POS. I did 95 in it the other day, thought it was going to blow up. 63 hp and a 3 speed auto will do that to u.

Still..it is a great car for the city, and it's reliable.

Yup...I know the feeling...happens everytime I go from my Legacy GT Ltd. Wagon to this...:)

http://members.roadfly.org/kmurph/BBS_CH1.jpg

What kind of Mazda 6 were you driving? ...I l almost bought one. I thought it drove better than the LGT but was lacking in power and overall build quality...

how many of us are out there?

(Mazda 6 for the wife, Legacy GT for the self).

My driveway also has one of each. the 6 is fine for road trips, and looks "sporty" with the spoiler, etc.

But the Legacy is sporty. and I smile every morning when I get a chance for WOT run, without the "automatic rev limiter" - i.e., Honey - do we need to be going this fast, you're wasting gas, etc.

1635761398_GT6.JPG.2d845d13023432102e79976b8f06ae92.JPG

I think everyone should be forced to spend a week driving a slow car to keep them from taking the Legacy for granted

I spent the weekend driving the Mini......stuck like glue to a late '90's F-Body up an on-ramp, then got left in the dust. The LGT felt SO nice this morning.....

Now, if I can just get it to handle like the Mini. ;)

You must have 4 cyl 6i if you are talking about 35 mpg. That's still really good mileage for that car. My fiance has V6 6s and we use it for roadtrips. Usually get around 27-28 mpg, better than my LGT, and on regular unleaded. While it's certainly nowhere near as fast as my LGT, and definately short on torque, it's still a decently zippy ride.

Yup...I know the feeling...happens everytime I go from my Legacy GT Ltd. Wagon to this...:)

http://members.roadfly.org/kmurph/BBS_CH1.jpg

What kind of Mazda 6 were you driving? ...I l almost bought one. I thought it drove better than the LGT but was lacking in power and overall build quality...

QUIT RubbING IT IN U BASTAGE!!!!!!! :lol:

o how i wish i could afford an m3...it would be nice...but i'd rather get an sti and mod it to kill an M3 in every-which-way...something about the 'under-dog' factor that appeals to me more...

but dont get me wrong i have mad respect for the m3 (and envy)....i wish someday subaru can come up with a factory m3 beater that is comparable to the m3 in every way (interior/ride)...aka legacy sti....then subarus will pwnt m3's...for half the price....that should give subarus more respect

M3 is wunderbar...but too pricey for some of us lowly folks...ur lucky to have the best of both worlds...so stop making us feel like worthless panzees :(

You must have 4 cyl 6i if you are talking about 35 mpg. That's still really good mileage for that car. My fiance has V6 6s and we use it for roadtrips. Usually get around 27-28 mpg, better than my LGT, and on regular unleaded. While it's certainly nowhere near as fast as my LGT, and definately short on torque, it's still a decently zippy ride.

yeah it's the 4cyl 6i sport sedan... 35 on the highway is nice (usually 29-30 in the city) -- and with it's 19 gallon tank it easily goes 500 miles on a tank.

:)

zoom zoom zoom

QUIT RubbING IT IN U BASTAGE!!!!!!! :lol:

o how i wish i could afford an m3...it would be nice...but i'd rather get an sti and mod it to kill an M3 in every-which-way...something about the 'under-dog' factor that appeals to me more...

but dont get me wrong i have mad respect for the m3 (and envy)....i wish someday subaru can come up with a factory m3 beater that is comparable to the m3 in every way (interior/ride)...aka legacy sti....then subarus will pwnt m3's...for half the price....that should give subarus more respect

M3 is wunderbar...but too pricey for some of us lowly folks...ur lucky to have the best of both worlds...so stop making us feel like worthless panzees :(

:D I bought the Legacy GT Ltd. Wagon in Philly and drove it home to Pittsburgh...300 miles....took the M3 out after I got home and it was night and day...I forgot how great the car felt...like it was a part of me.

As for STi...I like those cars a lot. In fact, I would love to get one in a few years and keep the M3 for a weekend driver. I drag raced one several times during a drag racing event at a local airport...the distance was a little more than 1/8 mile...Damn - that STi was fast! He only had a few mods which included a full exhaust...we were pretty much dead even. He beat me the first race after a great launch and I beat him the second race...both times, I could tell my car started pulling more after about 80mph.

I prefer the characteristics of naturally aspirated engine over a turbo but you have to respect a turbo...it doesn't take a lot of money to make a turbo charged engine A LOT faster.

http://www.alteredgas.com/pics/albums/upload/fd-10232004/fd10232004_DSCF0242.jpg

http://www.alteredgas.com/pics/albums/upload/fd-10232004/fd10232004_DSCF0263.jpg

The M3 is a ton of fun to drive, I work for a BMW dealer and we have three of them right now. I do appreciate the Legacy though and I am glad I bought it, it is alot of bang for the buck. I do not know if I could put up with the M3 every day... okay I know I could but I can't afford one right now. Have to wait for the next one, with it's sick 400hp V8. At least I will get to drive it once at a track for the launch training seminar.

The M3 is a ton of fun to drive, I work for a BMW dealer and we have three of them right now. I do appreciate the Legacy though and I am glad I bought it, it is alot of bang for the buck. I do not know if I could put up with the M3 every day... okay I know I could but I can't afford one right now. Have to wait for the next one, with it's sick 400hp V8. At least I will get to drive it once at a track for the launch training seminar.

Yeah...the M3 can be quite temperamental...but it's not a bad daily driver and it's very comfortable on long trips.

My wife and I bought the GT wagon because we now have a 6 month old son...and wanted something with at least four doors....preferably a wagon. We were seriously considering the Mazda 6 but I feel that the Legacy has a better build quality and will have a better resale value...and the power is pretty nice too...especially the low end torque:D My wife just commented the other day how powerful the car felt...and she drives like a grandma - she's been used to her 1999 Accord V6 Coupe.

...I'd like to slip a few mods in but I don't know if the wife would approve:rolleyes:

Archived