LegacyGT.com

My 2010 Legacy GT Accessory/Mod Tracker

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a forewarning... be prepared to have a bunch of the little rubber things on the prosport dead pedal fall off. I had 3 of mine come off since I installed it in September - October.

Sounds exciting. What have you been using to put them back on? Hot glue, super glue, other?

Just a forewarning... be prepared to have a bunch of the little rubber things on the prosport dead pedal fall off. I had 3 of mine come off since I installed it in September - October.

I've had the dead pedal for probably 10 months now and every single rubber nub has fallen off. Fortunately I've also been able to find every single one in the foot well.

I called pro-sport and they offered to send me a new pedal. However, much like the factory plastic dead pedal, I used spray on trim adhesive on the back. Not wanting to cut anymore carpet, I've been super-gluing the nubs back on as they fall off. It seems to do the trick, just make sure to scrape the old adhesive off with your finger nail or something before gluing it down.

• 2 weeks later...
Installed the hella horn kit today with bracket and wiring harness. Definitely a pain in the butt to install and much easier if you didn't have to take the bumper off to take the grill off. I did it with both in place per Peaty's write up and everything seems to be working fine.

• 3 weeks later...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3411042&postcount=767

X-member and diff bushings have arrived. Got the 15k mile oil change (500 miles late) and picked up a new cabin air filter. Ordered the interior illumination kit from Subaru and think I'm going to order my sway bars in the next 2 weeks or so.

Pretty sure the relay on my Hella horns is blown so I've reconnected one of the stock horns. Need to see about ordering a new relay from Hella or if they will warranty it since it's only a few weeks old.

• 5 weeks later...

What an interesting box. Whatever could it be?

http://i54.tinypic.com/nzq3rq.jpg

What's this adjustable front and rear sway bars from Whiteline?

Yaaaaay :D

Thanks to the UPS man and forum vendor Import Image Racing!

Sway07.thumb.JPG.8f417bdb25a956320ee4659aeb31cb53.JPG

Sway02.thumb.JPG.84fd2424594b05146e5f6b22e127e17c.JPG

Sway03.JPG.496512769b9ba30c718cafc4eb7687dd.JPG

Sway04.JPG.94899488fd5cd6b7b54e6ae96189cf0f.JPG

Sway05.thumb.JPG.94a77718389de2b81a26b76f700adea9.JPG

Sway06.thumb.JPG.32638fd967177777961ad63d81ef4a42.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Got the transmission mount, cross member bushings and differential bushings installed today. Even though I haven't driven real far with them I'm already thrilled with the results. I really feel like the shifting and rear end in general has firmed up.

The rear end "clunk" feeling is gone and everything feels much more solid at the time of clutch disengagement. I'm sure I'll have more thoughts on it after some more driving.

I wish I had someone that could do all this for me :) I have no knowledge on any of this (besides what I read here) but I would love to have all this done to my LGT. ebo also does all this. Wish I could just go to one of your houses and have you guys do this stuff for me :)
I'm just here for the mods.

I wish I had someone that could do all this for me :) I have no knowledge on any of this (besides what I read here) but I would love to have all this done to my LGT. ebo also does all this. Wish I could just go to one of your houses and have you guys do this stuff for me :)

My driveway was getting re-done so I took this to a shop and had them do it. (where's the embarrassed icon)

If you can turn a ratchet you can install the trans and rear diff bushings. There are instructions for all of them online as well.

I still am not satisfied with the firmness of the rear diff so I ordered Whiteline's KDT906 which replace the bushings in the upper mount by the spare tire. I removed the inserts in the lower mount a couple weeks ago and installed KDT905. It was an improvement but I think it can get better.

I also started to install KDT902 Positive Traction Kit and realized after pressing in a couple of the upper bushings that it was not something I wanted to tackle by myself with the car on jack stands. So I aborted the mission and probably spent 30 minutes just aligning the rear subframe so I could bolt it back up.

Next Friday I'm bringing it to a friend's shop so he can install the KDT902 and KDT906. Removing the rear subframe will make installing the KDT902 a cake walk. The subframe has to be removed and the rear diff dropped to install the KDT906. That was also something I was not willing to do with it on jack stands.

I was hoping I could talk him into letting me come in on a Saturday and he and I could do the work off the clock but he said the shop owner cut down on that a while back. I'm ashamed to say this is the first mod I can think of that I did not install on either of my Subies.

Rogue, do you want install instructions of any particular parts? I can probably look around between IWSTI and ScoobyMods to find them for you. Just let me know.

Rogue, do you want install instructions of any particular parts? I can probably look around between IWSTI and ScoobyMods to find them for you. Just let me know.

I'll save you some of the trouble b/c I already have them from when I was getting ready to do it.

DIY: WRX / STI Whiteline Transmission Cross Member Bushing Install Guide

DIY: Group N WRX / STI Transmission Mount Install Guide

How To: 2008 Whiteline Rear diff bushing install - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com