LegacyGT.com

aem piggyback

so i ordered an aem piggyback and i have been searching around if anyone has tried it in 1998 legacy L all i found so far is ppl using it un 01 2.5RS can anyone guide me to the correct thread or if you have personally used the aem let me know how it worked out ill be getting mine on monday i have been trying to get the apex i safc to work on my car but no luck so i decided to get the aem

• I Donated

No many people run piggyback systems on our cars. Generally, those who run something special have a turbo swap and they run the WRX or STI ECU. There are a few out there however that run stand alone ECUs.

I have a Megasquirt 1 stand alone ecu in mine....but I'm not using an EJ22 or EJ25. I'm running an EJ20R with a TD04 turbo, 252 cams, MSD, and a bunch of other gooides.

Are you just going to use base maps or are you going to get a pro tune?

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

use the pp6

Rallitek told me last week that they no longer will support anything to do with them. You cant even get instruction on installing them anymore. The PP6 was a very good system but since Ralitek no longer supports it, it wont do you much good if you need help.

thanks for the link i will wire it tomorrow and see how it goes ill keep everyone posted i ran at english town today ran 14.92 best run i had a full tank of gas my best so far is 14.82 at 6psi hopefully i can tune this thing with the aem heard there is some problems with the missing tooth crank and cam sensors but ill figure something out the aem piggy back is only 350$ and it does timing and fuel for up to 6 cil if you had one ill keep everyone post it of it is never a bad thing to try new things get away from the me too stuff

so i installed the aem piggyback last night i had a problem with it cutting out around 3000 rps under load i installed a 2.2k ohm resistor on the cam an crank sensor wirers (if anyone doing the piggyback let me know ill tell you where to put it at) so far running good i havent tuned anything yet i see the i can tune timing, fuel, maf signal and i have analog A and analog B i dont have anything conected to it right now im going to run the aem for a while before i start changing things if anyone knows whats the max voltage that our maf sees in wide open thortle please let me know i havent got any second gens to the shop and mine is boosted so it wont work or if anyone near mtholly nj let me know so i can plug in the comp and check so far it seems that it was well worth 350$ thank you ill keep posting any changes

thank you for the link ill get on that, is alot of pages lol but ill find it i mess with the timing a lil today and it spuder alil it ran 15.18 i installed the jumper harness and it ran 14.73 best time do far at 89 mph 1.98 60 ft

so i've been running the piggy back for couple of days so far no problems with it besides a wire i didn't hook up all the way in the plug thats the reason it was sputtering this week end im gonna install the 02 sensor bong and get the wide band in there so i can tune the fuel i was thinking 12:1 anyone know whats a good egt number for this car at what a/f ratio? or is it around 12:1

so ive been searching for a miss i got the last few days and could not figure it out, i found the cam and the maf wire on the aem plug came out of the plug the plug is very cheap made and cant hold the wires i put the wire back in and put some super glue in the back so it stop from coming out so far its working fine i tuned the car at 12 to 1 air fuel ratio when i put the wide band in it was at 10 to 1 some time 9 to 1 lol i ran 14.73 with the mixture super rich im hoping to get better number now even tho the temp is going up

• 5 years later...

Archived