LegacyGT.com

hello everyone !! New on the forum

hello to everyone on the forum! I just bought a 09Subaru legacy GT limited 5spd and im not sure where to start . I tried searching for things im interested in doing to the car ,but it doesnt seem like the search works for me, Finds not related staff instead of what im looking for. Im interested in modding my car just a little bit, looking for the best blow off, intake and exhaust for it. Can anyone help me ? or show me how to search for those things ? thank you =)

Welcome to the forums and thanks for attempting to search before asking these questions. Try to use terms like "new intake or new exhaust" then it snags posts where someone just bought "it". Most times you will get the info your looking for from the responses that person got.

To answer your questions a blow off valve and intake are not the best "first mods". The intake requires a ecu tune to benifit and also can run the risk of running lean. The bov will make noise at the minimum and can cause all sorts of weird issues at the max....

The catback exhaust can benifit from sound but power will come from a turbo back exhaust and a tune. Try searching stage 1, stage 2 to get ideas of regular upgrade paths for these cars. Happy searching.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/unofficial-legacy-gt-stage-upgrade-definitions-48123.html?t=48123&highlight=unofficial+stage

A solid road map to follow. Just make sure you also follow similar upgrade persistence with suspension and brakes. Makes no sense to go if you can't stop or turn.

I went for a ride in my buddy's stage 1 spec b. A solid tune makes all the difference in the world.

Oh yea, welcome!

You can tune using the Cobb AP or "open source" tuning with a laptop w/ proper cables and software. Refer to the above link and the "Tuning" area for details. Keep in mind there are mechanical requirements to tune beyond Stage 1.

You should start here for basic understanding in order to be conversant: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/attn-new-members-look-here-first-67940.html

thx i guess i will use Cobb AP since it has more options, who knows maybe i will go over stage 1 in future.

Stage 1 is a tease/joke when you can have Stage 2 for few more parts. Staying at Stage 2 is the hard part...;)

• 3 weeks later...
I have an exhaust dilemma. I want to get a full Perrin exhaust for my 2007 lgt. Uppipe, downpipe, c and eventually the equal length headers. My dilemma is.... what about the back pressure? Will getti all of these parts affect my engine in a bad way? What are the possible down sides of me purchasin this for my car? I don't want a straight pipe or catless downpipe. I want to get a catted downpipe. just don't want to mess anything up on my car and I still want to pass inspection. Also, will any of t mess up my turbo? Any and all help on this topic would be greatly appreciate it.

Yea i would do a lot more ,but still need to pass inspection in nj

I've never seen my car get the sniffer in SJ. If you're worried about someone giving you crap about a big turbo, they don't do mechanical inspections anymore.

I have an exhaust dilemma. I want to get a full Perrin exhaust for my 2007 lgt. Uppipe, downpipe, c and eventually the equal length headers. My dilemma is.... what about the back pressure? Will getti all of these parts affect my engine in a bad way? What are the possible down sides of me purchasin this for my car? I don't want a straight pipe or catless downpipe. I want to get a catted downpipe. just don't want to mess anything up on my car and I still want to pass inspection. Also, will any of t mess up my turbo? Any and all help on this topic would be greatly appreciate it.

The health of your engine and turbo will be dictated by the tune you have and the maintenance you perform, not by the parts on it. Although, sometimes shit just happens. If you are concerned about reliability, keep it stock.

Check with your local inspection and emissions testing requirements. Most Stg 2 LGTs pass emissions without an issue.

Some things to consider:

Bleed the Brakes and throw in some decent pads

Check you lower control arm bushings

Short throw shifter and bushings with a trans mount upgrade

Open source stage 1 tune, search Infamous1

Rear sway bar upgrade with mounts.

Lower Chassis braces.

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

The car has only 14k on it so i shouldn't have to worry about the maintenance besides oil for now, im looking for something stage one , two the most nothing crazy .

You brakes have likely never been bled. Your car was built in 2008, it's 2011 they need to be bled, even with 14k. Your brakes will feel better.

LCA bushing have been known to go @20k. Didn't know your mileage when I posted, but they are pretty easy to check when the car is up to bleed the brakes.

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Not a "tune up", but a tune aka reflashing the ecu with custom parameters.

1. You can find a local reputable tuner to tune your car on a dyno or out on the road. IMO, this is the best option.

2. Some tuners can tune your car over the internet.

3. You can get an Accessport. The tunes that come installed on the AP are not the best, but the AP has many cool features and a tuner can make a custom tune for the AP.

You can find a local tuner in the regional forums on here and on NASIOC.

thx i guess i will use Cobb AP since it has more options, who knows maybe i will go over stage 1 in future.

Cobb tuning accessport is the balls!

you can do anything you want to your computer.

from simple monitoring to full air fuel changes.

you can feel the difference when you do a launch.

my 06 AUTO GT (sorry about the auto, but I got a really good deal) did 0-60 in 6.06 seconds. And the launch was not that hard. I easily could have broke 6.seconds.

I'm selling mine, because I need money, but it wont work on your year.

Thx for all the info guys, ill be sure to check the breaks and lca bushings, i wouldn't think they go that quick .. Im thinking about buying the accessport first and maybe the blow off because i always liked the sound. Im not sure if it comes with hid's or not but will check when i have it.

Archived