LegacyGT.com

using Forced Performance Oil Line ON Outback

I am installing a BNR Supercars Stage 1 (16G) turbo on my friends 05' Outback 2.5 XT. The dude at BNR sent the Forced Performance Sub oil supply line with the turbo. My motor did not look like the diagram that came with the instructions so I called Brian at FP. He says that the new oil line is not made for the outback while the guy at BNR says that it will fit but has no idea how it does. The guy at BNR also says that I can not use the factory oil line with his turbo. The factory oil runs towards the front of the motor where I can not see. Does anyone have any suggestions???

I have a 2005 Legacy GT that I just installed the 16G turbocharger I got from BNR Racing. I've also installed the Forced Performace (FP) oil line the BNR recommended. I had a major oil leak that was coming from the banjo fitting at the turbo. I was informed that you need to install 2 crush washer at the fitting to stop the leak.

There is an oil fitting towards the front the motor on the RH side that the FP line will attach to. It's under the air duct that connects the air filter box to the next stage of the intake system. You'll need to remove the final section of the stock oil line that feeds the OEM turbo, block this off with the fitting that FP provides. Then bolt the back end of the FP line to the turbocharger. I had to do a little searching to find a better picture of the oil lines then the one that FP copied onto their installation sheet.

Thanks for the suggestion Seabass07! I will get to the parts store to get the crush washers. I just finished the install last night but have not fired it up yet. How long/many times should I turn the motor over to get the oil to the new turbo before I reinstall the fuel pump fuse?

IDRVSLO, I will see if I can get a labeled photo with the trubo out for you.

1148193477_AVCS05outback.thumb.jpg.df207f0bb9d34bd4e489cacc78398e35.jpg

Archived