LegacyGT.com

Borla vs SPT cbe thoughs/opinions?

Hello, i am in the process of buying a cbe for my 05 legacy. Wanting pipes that arent too fancy or loud, narrowed it down to the SPT or the borla. Anyone who owns or has heard any of the exhausts your input or criticism would be very much appreciated. Thanks for your time!

If you want just a CBE and don't plan on doing anything else in the future to make more power, either is fine.. if you want more pwer in the future, go with Magnaflow. SPT exhaust looks nice and sounds good but the y-pipe is restrictive and the mufflers are baffled.

I run the SPT cbe and love it. Great sound. BUT, I've wondered if the y-pipe is holding back any power and I've contemplated having that part of it changed out. Great choice for under 350whp at any rate although a bit pricey.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

on the restrictive part... dunno about the SPT, but I know there is a LGT around with a Borla CBE making 400-500whp. There was a youtube video of a really fast race at the strip posted somewhere on the forums that listed all the mods, but i havent been able to find it with my current searching of youtube. all i'm getting are vids from collegemt haha

Have the Borla CBE hooked up to a Cobb catted DP. You can hear the boxer sound, doesn't drone at highway speed, not too loud but get on it and people will def notice. Also fits excellent on our legacies. I want a little louder but the noise popo around here are cracking down lol! I might look into a 3inch custom resonated mid pipe.

There are two versions of the SPT catback. The V2 is less restrictive and the mufflers are flow thru. Hangs kinda low at the Y and is quiet.

That's right I forgot about that. Think I have V2.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I have a Cobb catted DP and a borla CBE. Great low rumble that's noticeably better than stock. I pull into my garage and the house rumbles. There's very little drone at highway speeds. I'm modestly lowered on rallitek springs with koni struts and I haven't scraped at all. The Y doesn't seem to hang too low.

You're going to get a ton of people saying their setup is best...but...I really enjoy this setup. :)

...Support your LGT community...

Archived