LegacyGT.com

General Exclain UHP?

SuperhawkLGT

I used them on my 95 Impala SS with a good heads/cam engine and six speed swap. They are great in the wet and dry, good on the dragstrip, decent on the autoX and roadcourse, too! For a wide tire (275/40/18), they are also VERY quiet and don't wander like my previous KDWs did. I highly recommend them for a good, all around tire. I've got about 20K HARD miles on them and they are still not to the wear bars.

My budget is as little as I need to spend to get the best tire for the money. I do not believe a good tire should or needs to cost a fortune. I was originally looking at the Dunlops but the price seems to have gone up since I started my research. I drive strictly warm weather, I have dedicated snows. I don't push hard very often and mainly concentrate on wet weather performance. Most of these tires are fine in the dry but not so much when it's wet. I don't like alot of road noise, my FK451's drove me crazy after 10k on them. I would also like to have more than 300 treadwear, like them to last a while. I would max my budget at 600 if I absolutely had to.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Archived