LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

I saw a black LGT yesterday in Willoughby I have never seen before.. He came up fairly quickly behind me so I am guessing he must of seen my car. Anyways, just random information. I may also be going back to stock in the near future, maybe selling the TMIC and the exhaust if anyone might be interested. The exhaust I would either need to buy a stock exhaust or trade with someone since I no longer have my original exhaust.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep! Stuff keeps breaking or wearing out. I just replaced another front right strut for the second time, and now my Spec clutch is wearing out. So I am giving up. This car just isnt what I was hoping it would be. If I would of known then what I know now I should of bought an STI. But, I had no idea. The car stock isnt bad, but adding power and racing is not what its meant for. I was hoping it would hold up, but mine hasnt. I will eventually probably trade it in as well. I would like to get an STI but I dont know if I want to keep putting money into cars. I just need it for other things.

Damn, bro. Sorry to hear. :(

I hate to be a circling vulture :redface: , but LMK when you do de-mod. You've got a Perrin TMIC, right? I might be able to pick it up from you if I can liberate enough funds. My next two months are heavy-expenditure months (birthdays, anniversary, and the cars' insurance re-up'ing), but I'll give it a good shot.

If you're not de-mod'ing until April, though, I'd likely definitely be in.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I saw a black LGT yesterday in Willoughby I have never seen before.. He came up fairly quickly behind me so I am guessing he must of seen my car. Anyways, just random information. I may also be going back to stock in the near future, maybe selling the TMIC and the exhaust if anyone might be interested. The exhaust I would either need to buy a stock exhaust or trade with someone since I no longer have my original exhaust.

Yea that was me. I saw your LGT going up on 84 past daniels park. I wanted to get a closer look, looked real nice and it sounded good too. If your thinking about going back to stock I might be interested in your exhaust plus trade you mine.

and here is another damn question from me as always... how the hell do u get the air filter out? i looked at a few pix here. on my 08 there is one screw to the left going into the fender. one screw going down the right side into the body/frame. then two clips on the top. i can then rock the front piece forward and split the top half..... but the bottom stays stuck together like something is holding it down. me and another friend both tried to get it off, no clue. i feel like a moron.

^ I'm out on this one... :redface: - I ditched the factory intake before a filter change was ever needed, so I never cracked it open. :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Brian, did you get your air filter out yet? And are you taking the air filter out or the whole air intake? If its just the filter, I know on my 05 you just have to unplug the sensor cause its on top of the intake, then the box just clips closed on top I believe, so just unclip the box with your fingers, and you just have to shimmy the filter out the top. Mine is just a flat square filter. I have a K&N filter. I have used K&N for quite a while now with cars, and I like them.

I am still debating on changing stuff on my car. So if I decide to get rid of some stuff I will let yall know. Right now I am going to be needing another clutch soon. So I am looking at getting another Spec Clutch. I need some new tires as well. Mine are just too worn out for the snow, my car is sliding all over, much worse then what it should be. I am looking at getting the New Allseason z-rated performance tire that BFGoodrich has out now. I wonder if anyone has a set of those yet.

Hey Brian, did you get your air filter out yet? And are you taking the air filter out or the whole air intake? If its just the filter, I know on my 05 you just have to unplug the sensor cause its on top of the intake, then the box just clips closed on top I believe, so just unclip the box with your fingers, and you just have to shimmy the filter out the top. Mine is just a flat square filter. I have a K&N filter. I have used K&N for quite a while now with cars, and I like them.

I am still debating on changing stuff on my car. So if I decide to get rid of some stuff I will let yall know. Right now I am going to be needing another clutch soon. So I am looking at getting another Spec Clutch. I need some new tires as well. Mine are just too worn out for the snow, my car is sliding all over, much worse then what it should be. I am looking at getting the New Allseason z-rated performance tire that BFGoodrich has out now. I wonder if anyone has a set of those yet.

not yet. i got the re-designed avo turbo panel filter. i tried to take the filter out in january, but, apparently the way to do it, well easiest.... is to undo the clips, remove the maf, remove the intake hose, and pull the back of the box off so u dont have to deal w/ all the clips and crap. then u can slide the filter right on in.

side note, being as this is my first manual car and it is SUPER cold out..... i noticed when the car is not full warmed up (but does not have the blue S# indicator on... so sorta warm) and u punch it...... it almost feels like the clutch is slipping. probably is b/c i made all of 3 shifts at low rpm before nailing it.

oh so the bad news update.......

i tore a piece of muscle in my gut when a truck fell off a jack and i was the one pushing it so it would fall back on some jack stands. nice huh. gave me what is called a spigelian hernia. nice rare hernia. i go into surgery march 5th. took them a month to figure out what was wrong. a month of constant pain. 3 more weeks of pain. then they cut me open. then 3 more weeks of not lifting anything more than 15lbs.

Oh damn, bro..... :(

I'm a walking-injured for the time being as well. Dislocated a tendon in my arm/wrist, and now I've gotta try wearing a splint as much as possible.

Still, even after 6 weeks of this (I'm on week 1 and 1/2, now), I'll still probably need surgery.

Let's start a "who's getting cut" club! :lol:

Getting old, sucks.

Damn, bro, that must be seriously Teh Suckage. :(:(

Does the pain get better when you lie down to sleep? Or is even that no relief?

when i sleep it is the only time i am at peace. but, i have to lay on my back in one position so my back kills me when i wake up. i cant cut a break. i am going to start pain meds today. i hope they dont **** me up too much. i hope they just take the edge off. last night and this morning i am really nausious. dunno why. hope that isnt the case for the next 3 weeks.

:( Man, that sounds like it absolutely SUCKS.

I hope you feel at least a little better, soon, from the meds.

Take care, bro.