LegacyGT.com

What car would you get....

Well,

If I had an LGT already, still had my 00 ranger for utility purposes (which I am hoping not to sell) and still had a miata for the wife (either the one we have, or trade for a used 04 mazdaspeed)

I would either get a modern hard roof sports car, or a classic one. FD RX7, Porsche 968, 350Z, maybe even Porsche's new cayman. Or a classic like a late 60's Porsche 911, or Jaguar E-type. something cool, good handling, RWD (or AWD, but that is really rare), and no cowl shake.

Subaru would be on this list if they built a sporting 2 door coupe, as long as it would look even slightly more graceful than a WRX STi.

If money is no object, then the Ferrari F430 is lookin real, REAL good. So is the Aston Martin V8 Vantage.

If US regulations are no object, then hands down, above all others, would be a TVR Sagaris.

An early 80's Chevrolet Caprice, and spend the remainder on a 502 cid Ram Jet from GM performance, and all other neccessary running gear to make the car streetable with that much power. Leave the car as ratty looking as possible, take it out and screw with the unsuspecting owners of riced out Civics, pony cars, and even some respectable performance cars. Only in a strait line of course.

Option 1: 89-93 Mustang LX coupe, 347 turbo, six speed, suspension work = high 10's, sleeper look and $10-15k change...

Option 2: 87 Buick GN, mild motor mods, suspension = high 11's, classic 80's muscle and collectible, oh, and $10-15k change...

Option 1: 89-93 Mustang LX coupe, 347 turbo, six speed, suspension work = high 10's, sleeper look and $10-15k change...

Option 2: 87 Buick GN, mild motor mods, suspension = high 11's, classic 80's muscle and collectible, oh, and $10-15k change...

how could i forget the GN...a CLASSIC!!!

Kenda

I have a soft spot for the Saab 9-3 Aero, which now has a turbocharged V6 putting out 250 hp and 258 lb ft of torque - impressive. I also love the way the 9-3 looks, and if I recall correctly - the seats were very comfortable when I sat in it.

EDIT:

Here is a vaild source for the information I posted: http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=102406

- Mike

FD with a 22B 3 rotor. :D

20b you mean. The 22b was a Subaru, a mighty fine one at that. :p And it'd probably cost close to $35k for the swap, let alone the car, but I'll let that slide on the off chance that you can get the hook up from a friend. (Any 20b's I've seen have been going for low 40's to 50's)

For me:

FD RX-7 + the remaining $20k a few more paychecks = 26b (4 rotor) swap. :D:D:D

A 4 rotor?

That belongs in a balls-to-the-wall Le Mans Race Car.

Would that even fit between the radiator, and the firewall?

I have thought about a piston engine swap into an FD, but that seems like sacrilege, and there aren't many that would fit. Maybe a lotus twin turbo V8 from the late Esprit.

For fun: G35 coupe, Mustang GT, RX-7, Mini Cooper, Evo, STi

How about a truck? Nissan Frontier 4 door (Or maybe a Titan)

Gas Mileage: Toyota Prius

Used Car: 993 911 (last of the air cooled Porsches-destined to become a classic)

tom

tom :)

I have a soft spot for the Saab 9-3 Aero, which now has a turbocharged V6 putting out 250 hp and 258 lb ft of torque - impressive. I also love the way the 9-3 looks, and if I recall correctly - the seats were very comfortable when I sat in it.

EDIT:

Here is a vaild source for the information I posted: http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=102406

- Mike

Yeah, I like the new Saab 9-3 when it came out a couple years ago too.

And the new power makes it appealing again, until you think of the old 9-3 Viggen and it had about the worst torque steer of any front drive car.

I'd think the new 9-3 with the turbo V6 would be just as bad.

I also think they should of made the power ratings just a BIT different than

the old Audi S4. I find it funny they gave it the EXACT same power numbers. :)

How much do you guys think a 2003/04 BMW M3 would LEASE for?

I've been thinking of leasing one, but wouldn't pay for the cost to lease a brand new one.

One of the BMW dealerships by me has like 2 2004's on the Certified Used lot.

One only has 4K miles!!!

Archived