LegacyGT.com

2010 VF54 turbocharger upgrades by BNR Supercars

Bryan told me ~330 whp for the 18g and ~370 whp for the 20g. Our engines are limited to ~24-25 psi boost.

You search for IslandBorn's thread for his 18g upgrade, near the end are the dyno's (he had two different tunes, so look for the second set). It confirms the 18g numbers though.

Current Mileage as of 19-June-15: 15012

Purchase Date: 30-June-12

Visit my profile page (visitor message section) for a brief mod. list.

yeah, so looking at some assistance. I can have the vf54 sent from the Philippines via 2 day business, Fedex. How long will work be done? Easier to get a vf54 core in the US and send it to Bryan for rebuild.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
What's the concensus on these turbos? Looking for quickNess on street versus freeway. Want reliability too. And not too big of a mpg hit.

Is that like asking to have my cake and eating it?

In general, you will likely find that the recommended upgrade to go with is the 18G, and billet if you can find it. There's a lot of information from reliable sources showing that the 20G provides no additional performance gain and sacrifices a bit of response time.

Ask me how I know... ;)

I've had a BNR 20G since August 2013, about 40k miles ago. No issues. I was tuned at IAG and made 350/360 with a custom FMIC and ETS header with twin Tial MV-S wastegates. For reference, a stock STI makes 225 on their dyno.

Our stock turbo is relatively small so there is really only so much that can be done to them to increase performance. I can't say there is a noticeable difference in lag and now the car has some nice top end power.

Bryan is a good guy and the best way to contact him is via phone.

Archived