LegacyGT.com

Please Help - Suspension question

dstrauss

Can someone tell me what brand the OEM front struts are for a 2005 GT wagon.

I think I may have an extended warrany claim for another suspension issue, but the dealer is giving crap because I have KYB's installed.

Thanks.

KYB makes the stock dampers, NHK Intex makes the stock springs.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Thanks guys. That's what I thought. I put KYB struts in and the stealership is now saying that I "modified" my car and they won't cover the suspension issue I'm having under my extended warranty. SOA called - waiting on response.

What is your suspension problem?

They can't deny a claim if the modification didn't cause the issue.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

The problem is that I have a 'clunk' coming from the front left. I know it is a number of possibilities, but it can be end links, sway bar bushing, tophat mount, strut itself, etc...

The worst part is (and I know you don't have to jump down my throat) is that the car is at Bill Kolb - LAST FREAKIN TIME I EVER DEAL WITH THEM. But I just had SOA verify that it is KYB and they are stepping in to help me out.

Sure they can. Then you can sue them and see how much fun that is and how cheap it is.

Doesn't the Magnusson-Moss act cover you with things like this? It seems like a trial would be pretty cut-and-dry. If they deny his warranty claim because of the GR2's, they are breaking the law.

Can't Judge Judy sort it out in 12 minutes at 3pm on a Wednesday afternoon?

Ok the struts which aren't covered under the extended warranty (which I think you know already) as long as the ones you replaced them with are the ones for your car, you should be fine, similar to putting a Fram or Purilator oil filter on does not void your warranty in and of itself.

Now if when the struts were installed (and I'm not sure who installed them) they were installed in-properly (strut bolts not tightened, springs not seated properly, etc) and this is the source of the issue. Then SOA would not be on the hook for the problem as you or your installer would be.

If the problem is un-related to the struts or the strut install, then it SHOULD be covered under your extended warranty.

Depending on where you are located, I would say come visit us and we'll check it out and at least give you a good idea of what the problem is before bringing it to another dealer.

On a side note, if you can go to Liberty Subaru in NNJ you are better off than Bill Kolb...

-mike

The problem is that I have a 'clunk' coming from the front left. I know it is a number of possibilities, but it can be end links, sway bar bushing, tophat mount, strut itself, etc...

The worst part is (and I know you don't have to jump down my throat) is that the car is at Bill Kolb - LAST FREAKIN TIME I EVER DEAL WITH THEM. But I just had SOA verify that it is KYB and they are stepping in to help me out.

Doh, didn't see this when I sent my other reply. Glad to hear SOA is helping out.

-mike

Archived