LegacyGT.com

Mod - Front Lip Spoiler

i planned on using 3M double sided tape to adhere it on the bumper. stuff holds up great and fairly easy to remove if needed.

I used the 3M on my front, side and back protection profiles, holds up perfectly.

And it came off without any residues when I had to replace it with a new one (thanx to some fool unable to park without "touching" others).

• 4 years later...
i planned on using 3M double sided tape to adhere it on the bumper. stuff holds up great and fairly easy to remove if needed.

Mines glued on with 3M multipurpose adhesive spray. I took it off once to redo it and it held on pretty good, but left a lot of the rubber behind. But if I ever want to take it off with some goo gone it'll come off easy. It held up on highway speeds. Plus I didn't want holes in the bumper.

I used the 3M on my front, side and back protection profiles, holds up perfectly.

And it came off without any residues when I had to replace it with a new one (thanx to some fool unable to park without "touching" others).

Thinking of doing this alternative so that i wouldnt have to drill holes xD

Can you guys confirm the longevity on its hold with just 3M adhesive for daily driving and highway?

Holy thread bump Batman!!! :lol::lol::lol:

One of those guys hasn't logged on since 2011, the other one hasn't been on in 2 years. I doubt you'll get any useful feedback on the longevity of the DIY garage door weatherstrip lip. Save your dollars for the real one. Drilling the holes isn't a big deal.

Thinking of doing this alternative so that i wouldnt have to drill holes xD

Can you guys confirm the longevity on its hold with just 3M adhesive for daily driving and highway?

Get the VSPEC lip. If you really want that look you can cut the mid section out. Like I did, by accident!!

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g217/amidroc/2010%20Legacy%20GT%20Premium/20150316_142104_zpsduvm9yk2.jpg

One of those guys hasn't logged on since 2011, the other one hasn't been on in 2 years. I doubt you'll get any useful feedback on the longevity of the DIY garage door weatherstrip lip. Save your dollars for the real one. Drilling the holes isn't a big deal.

Haha, I know. Its worth a try and perhaps have new member can chime in. :lol:

Back when this thread was created, there was no lip available for the 2010-2012 front bumper, that's why people were stooping to the flexible tape on stuff. In January 2013, a lip became available. By late 2014, a lip was also available for the 2013-2014.

• 2 months later...

WHAT????!!

A guy doesn't log in for a few years and you think he's dead! LOL! :spin: :spin: :lol: :lol:

Well as far as a long term update. Yeah that garage door seal eventually gets ripped and torn and wears out. I have replaced one whole side before and it all now needs to be replaced. Back when I did this there were NO other options out there. I now see a new front lip spoiler on a lot of people's cars and want to know what it is. I have asked in PMs, but haven't heard back. I'm sure I will eventually find the info if I look through years of threads, but that's actually very inefficient. Hopefully someone is nice enough to help a long time member out and just tell me what this lip spoiler I see on other people's cars is and where to get it.

Thanks!

Archived